News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Newbie From Long Beach, CA

Started by spoolenturbo, October 21, 2013, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolenturbo

Hello everyone...

Thought I would finally get out of my cave, and post a "newbie" post...
I've been shooting since I was 13yrs of age now currently 34... Started with a Canon T90 and still shoot with it, mainly slides / sports at 10fps... :)
Other gear is a Canon 40D | 16-35L f/2.8 | 100-400L f/4... Camera body is a bit dated and will one day switch to a full frame, but for now I just worry about good glass... :)

I will be attending this week's PhotoCall to El Centro. Cannot wait to meet other Aviation nerds, and geeks like myself... My other passion is cars cars cars... So you can find me most every weekend at Cars & Coffee in Irvine, Ca... :)

Cheers,
Jim Rossier
LB, CA
- Jim

Canon EOS 40D // 100-400 L // 16-35L II // One great eye...

phantomphan1974

Quote from: spoolenturbo on October 21, 2013, 12:37:20 PM
Hello everyone...

Thought I would finally get out of my cave, and post a "newbie" post...
I've been shooting since I was 13yrs of age now currently 34... Started with a Canon T90 and still shoot with it, mainly slides / sports at 10fps... :)
Other gear is a Canon 40D | 16-35L f/2.8 | 100-400L f/4... Camera body is a bit dated and will one day switch to a full frame, but for now I just worry about good glass... :)

I will be attending this week's PhotoCall to El Centro. Cannot wait to meet other Aviation nerds, and geeks like myself... My other passion is cars cars cars... So you can find me most every weekend at Cars & Coffee in Irvine, Ca... :)

Cheers,
Jim Rossier
LB, CA

Looking forward to meeting you finally and see your work.  Any question just ask us.  We also have car threads too!
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

spoolenturbo

Damon thank you... Cannot wait to see you finally either brotha, after years of 'virtual' hanging out!

After reading everything about the experience, I have earplugs. Do we need goggles for the flightline or sunglasses enough?

See you EARLY EARLY Thursday buddy!!

Cheers,
- Jim

Canon EOS 40D // 100-400 L // 16-35L II // One great eye...