News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

New guy from Riverside

Started by eightball, November 05, 2014, 07:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eightball

To start my name is Merv, I'm 69 1/2 years old and retired  I am a Vietnam Veteran 67-68, US Navy, Aviation Boatswains Mate aboard the USS Duluth. I started aviation photography in 2009 when I joined a WWII Aviation web site where I met Eric Vangilder who really got me into aviation photography and help me get started. My first DSLR was a Canon XSi and I now shoot with a Canon 70D. I have met some of you at the local air shows, Riverside, Cable and Apple Valley, I hope to get to know you all better and learn how to become a better aviation photographer.

I am going to the Flabob Airports Veterans Day Celebrations Saturday and hope to maybe meet some of you there. I'll shut up now and try and figure out where and how to post some sample shots, LOL, cheers

16Right

eightball

Thank you 16Right, I hope to make some contributions to the site and learn as much as I can on this journey.

phantomphan1974

Welcome Merv, thanks for introduction.  Eric's a great guy and photog.  Usually a good chance of a apsocal member at most events.  Look fwd to bumping into you one day.  Check out our forums and please, ask questions if you have and and thanks for serving of country.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

eightball

Thank you for the warm welcome Duran, I am looking forward to meeting you and other members someday, the Cable show is coming soon maybe then. Cheers

SDAztec25

Quote from: 16Right on November 05, 2014, 07:35:15 PM
Welcome aboard, Merv!

Welcome to APSOCAL Merv!!!... Not sure you remember me, but I met you at the Cable Airshow and we pretty much stayed in the spot together and chatted all day about Aviation Photography. Once again, glad to see you on APSOCAL and maybe we will run into each other again at another airshow soon.

~ Travis
Travis Miller
-----------------
http://www.travismillerphotos.com

eightball

Hi Travis! Yes I do remember you, that was a great day I really enjoyed our conversation. It was to bad it was a overcast day most of the time but we got some good shots. I hope to see you at the Cable show next year. Thank you for the welcome, it will be great to see you again. I saw you photo gallery of the Miramar Air Show the look great. I remember we almost lost our place when they moved the line back for the cars to parade by.

~Merv