News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Edwards Air Show 2009

Started by Midnight Mover, January 24, 2009, 12:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

f4_phantom_fan

Does anyone know the cross streets nearest to Bldg 1405? I have to meet with John today and he told me he's no longer in the one office I was familar with............

akradecki

Can I get a head count of those coming to the Friday night pizza get-together in Lancaster? Thanks!
Alan
Mojave Skies blog: http://mojaveskies.blogspot.com

phantomphan1974

Those going Friday remember to bring water/drink and food as all that is out there is a porta-potty.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

gfydad

Quote from: akradecki on October 15, 2009, 01:06:48 PM
Can I get a head count of those coming to the Friday night pizza get-together in Lancaster? Thanks!

Depends upon if I have any catching up to do at the office afterward.

Kevin Joyce

I should be there, I am leaving Anaheim at 2:00 tommorrow afternoon.
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 USM
Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 50mm  1:2.5 Macro
Canon EF 100-400mm  1:4.5-5.6 L IS
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

CHILIBEAN

ok check it out..did everyone get there media pass???? i didnt get mine and im wondeirng what i can do so i meet up with you guys on friday...if not is anyone going to be with the general public area? if so let me know...gracias...robert
Robert S. Quintana

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1

Canon EOS 7D II Digital SLR   <canon>
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    Digital SLR  

Canon EF 28mm f/2.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-16-35 f/2.8 L II USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

GTagami

Quote from: CHILIBEAN on October 15, 2009, 04:59:19 PM
ok check it out..did everyone get there media pass???? i didnt get mine and im wondeirng what i can do so i meet up with you guys on friday...if not is anyone going to be with the general public area? if so let me know...gracias...robert

You get the pass at Edwards. You just need to know if you are on the list. I would keep emailing or maybe someone can give you his number?

Canon stuff.

Code20photog

My plan is Friday, and if it turns out there's something missing like what happened at Miramar, I may stay for Saturday.

Plan is to head out from Thousand Oaks (Staying at my Parent's for the week to avoid the 405 disaster to and from work in the rain) about 6am and hopefully at the gate no later than 8:30a

Code20photog

Oh and I'm in for pizza regardless of whether I stay for Sat or not.

gfydad

Quote from: GTagami on October 15, 2009, 09:29:18 AM
Great shots Jim. Are you standing on something or using a lifted monopod?

Thanks!
For the NASA hangar, just my monopod. For the X-35, top of a staircase in the hangar plus the monopod.  :D

f4_phantom_fan

Managed to get on via a duplicate registration!  <thumbup>  See ya there tomorrow.

So what's on the schedule for Fri? South Base AND static walk/rehearsal viewing? Or did they do South Base on Wed as well as the F-35/NASA bit?

gfydad

Nothing yesterday on South Base(no practice that day) but the C-130AMP, F-16 ACAS in the NASA hangar and the static F-35 were great!  :)

Midnight Mover

I'll be there ;D

Midnight Mover

Quote from: akradecki on October 15, 2009, 09:04:00 AM
Just heard from John. If you're coming to Media Day tomorrow, be at the Century Circle parking lot to check in and get your media pass prior to 8 am, then meet up at the museum. The group will then leave together to watch the rehearsal activities.

Should be there by 7:30 ish. will see you guys there ;) If for some reason they don't let me in, I will be shooting some of the static aircraft around the base & Blackbird park ;D

DaFalcon

I'm on standby for media access.  I'm going to try and get in on the afternoon ramp static photo op.
I may join you guys for dinner on Friday.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview