News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Edwards Air Show 2009

Started by Midnight Mover, January 24, 2009, 12:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

GTagami

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on October 13, 2009, 10:13:08 PM
I shot there in '06 as media. We had an issue at the west gate when the guards wanted things done one way, while John had already set everything up. Held us all up at the gate for quite awhile, I don't remember if that was the Wed or Friday though.

Does the media get to shoot from a media area or are you mixed in with the crowd? How is it shooting from the tower?

G
Canon stuff.

f4_phantom_fan

Quote from: GTagami on October 14, 2009, 01:52:52 PM
Does the media get to shoot from a media area or are you mixed in with the crowd? How is it shooting from the tower?

G

There is a modest sized media area, but a lot of us like to shoot from a spot further west. You can of course, shoot within the crowd, but if you're gonna do that, get in early and I'd recommend doing what Jim does - bring caution tape and rope off an area for yourself.

I have not yet shot from the tower, but I'd imagine it's probably a superb viewpoint, of course there's no guarantee of what you'll see when you're up there though. I'd love to be up there when the bombers come by!

Midnight Mover

Quote from: phantomphan1974 on October 14, 2009, 12:14:33 PM
Ok, who's going Saturday as well?  I am going Friday and I know that on Saturday: Ferando, Glen?, Ken? Alan, Brian, Michael, ,,,, are going.  Maybe you all could meet up?  

I will be there Friday and Saturday. I still did not get a schedule from John but Fernando forwarded his to me. What time does everyone expect to arrive at the Century Circle on Friday?

As for Saturday, I'm thinking of just shooting from the crowd line at the usual place unless something changes ;)

f4_phantom_fan

Just found out I am on the 'standby' list for Friday, so there's hope yet for me, lol............

gfydad

From today...

C-130 AMP w/glass cockpit...  The airframe is a C-130H2

F-16 ACAS (in the foreground) which was in a NASA hangar with some other nice airframes.

F-35

gfydad

If anybody forgets any equipment or needs more cards while up this way, there's a photo shop in Lancaster.  King Photo Supply is west of Sierra Hyw at 749 West Lancaster Blvd (between Fig and Fern Avenues).  ;)

gfydad

Also, while in the NASA hanger...

The F-15 ACTIVE which is being readied for static.

The F-16 Cranked Arrow (XL) from a different angle.  :)

NikonGuy

Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

phantomphan1974

REALLY looking forward to tomorrow.  Is a tripod/monopod suggested or will some of the aircraft in hanger be out side tomorrow I wonder.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

gfydad

I would imagine that the F-35 might be hangared as they still want to keep people from shooting the rear of the aircraft.

akradecki

Just heard from John. If you're coming to Media Day tomorrow, be at the Century Circle parking lot to check in and get your media pass prior to 8 am, then meet up at the museum. The group will then leave together to watch the rehearsal activities.
Alan
Mojave Skies blog: http://mojaveskies.blogspot.com

GTagami

Great shots Jim. Are you standing on something or using a lifted monopod?
Canon stuff.

Scott D

I'll be there on Friday, can't make it on Saturday

Scott D
Scott Dworkin

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview