News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

[POLL] Like The New Layout?

Started by Josh, August 25, 2009, 07:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Do you like the new layout of the posts? Let me know by taking the poll.

phantomphan1974

Sorry for the but... but the font seem big on my IE setting of medium.  I pit it to smallest.  Maybe its just me..
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Josh

Quote from: phantomphan1974 on August 25, 2009, 07:49:20 AM
Sorry for the but... but the font seem big on my IE setting of medium.  I pit it to smallest.  Maybe its just me..

Screenshot?

phantomphan1974

Quote from: Josh on August 25, 2009, 07:39:57 AM
Do you like the new layout of the posts? Let me know by taking the poll.
Here you go.
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Josh

Looks like you have the browser zoomed in... Try holding down ctrl and roll the scroll wheel on the mouse back and forth. It should only be on your end. I've checked it on all versions of IE + on 40+ others with no problems like that.

Josh

Mmm are you running IE6? I just noticed the top header and menu. That is a IE6 and below problem and there is nothing I can do for that. As for the text, read above post. I hate IE. >:D

phantomphan1974

Quote from: Josh on August 25, 2009, 08:19:11 AM
Mmm are you running IE6? I just noticed the top header and menu. That is a IE6 and below problem and there is nothing I can do for that. As for the text, read above post. I hate IE. >:D
Yeah that helped but the runway menu is only half showing?
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Dragonskiss

The new layout looks good for the most part.  I like how the post and photos now span across the entire screen.  Before, the avatar and name info would eat up ~100 pixels on the left side, and while I run at 1920x1200, I really don't want to upload any smaller than I do now...the pictures just don't look big enough and I would have to scroll horizontally at work because we use 19 inchers @1280x1024.  But again, everyone has a different monitor and accommodating that wide range is a chore in itself.  

As for the actual arrangement of the posts and how they look, my only gripe is that I'm still having a hard adjusting to all the lines in between the name, the post itself and then the signature.  However, it does look more "streamlined" than what it looked like before when you made that change for a few days with this similar layout.  

No problems to report using Firefox 3.0.13.  I'm upgrading to 3.5.2 today and will let you know if I have any problems, however I don't forsee any. <thumbup>  

Josh

Quote from: phantomphan1974 on August 25, 2009, 08:47:32 AM
Yeah that helped but the runway menu is only half showing?

Quote from: Josh on August 25, 2009, 08:19:11 AM
I just noticed the top header and menu. That is a IE6 and below problem and there is nothing I can do for that.

Josh

Quote from: Dragonskiss on August 25, 2009, 09:16:43 AM
The new layout looks good for the most part.  I like how the post and photos now span across the entire screen.  Before, the avatar and name info would eat up ~100 pixels on the left side, and while I run at 1920x1200, I really don't want to upload any smaller than I do now...the pictures just don't look big enough and I would have to scroll horizontally at work because we use 19 inchers @1280x1024.  But again, everyone has a different monitor and accommodating that wide range is a chore in itself.  

As for the actual arrangement of the posts and how they look, my only gripe is that I'm still having a hard adjusting to all the lines in between the name, the post itself and then the signature.  However, it does look more "streamlined" than what it looked like before when you made that change for a few days with this similar layout.  

No problems to report using Firefox 3.0.13.  I'm upgrading to 3.5.2 today and will let you know if I have any problems, however I don't forsee any. <thumbup>  

Maybe if I a added a slightly offset color or gradient for the poster info and signature, do you think this would help?

NikonGuy

Cool, Im actually starting to like this layout..   >:D 

I have no problems with it and Im using IE8   <angel>   <laughing>

Thanks Josh.
Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

Josh

Quote from: Fernando Sedeno on August 25, 2009, 10:29:38 AM
Cool, Im actually starting to like this layout..   >:D  

I have no problems with it and Im using IE8   <angel>   <laughing>

Thanks Josh.

Haha. Yeah it grows on you. I actually stole the idea from another site, I didn't like it at first... then I'm like... damn this is great. I still plan on giving everyone the option of the old vs. the new.

If I remember right, there is an issue with the menu in IE8 and 7, where the text is pushed to the top and there is a larger white space above the menu. This has been my biggest pain and have yet to find a solution or the cause. Typical M$ IE crap.

NikonGuy

I have no issues with the menu and Im using IE8.   >:D   (Shot 1)

The only thing is my avatar, is too big? Josh, yours and Roberts (Midnight) seems fine..  ???  (Shot 2)
Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

Josh

WHAT the hell... The menu looks perfect.... But it should be centered. Damnit. As for your avatar... It should be fine, works fine for me. You text is larger than it should be, like Damon's, try holding ctrl and scroll back and forth with the mouse scroll wheel. That might affect the avatar too.

Dragonskiss

Quote from: Josh on August 25, 2009, 10:26:16 AM
Maybe if I a added a slightly offset color or gradient for the poster info and signature, do you think this would help?

I had the exact same thing in mind...that would be perfect.  Just play around with the color and see what it looks like.  Thanks again Josh.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview