News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Photography Rights

Started by CHILIBEAN, July 26, 2009, 01:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHILIBEAN

Whats going on everyone...since we had a topic about the law of photography, well i was at my nephews baseball game today and i was talking with one of the parents who also was taking pictures and had issues at KLGB, i had told him about my problem back in Feb when i had my issue with the law along with Keith shortly after me,So he gave me a link to the photographers rights in public.. This is what i came up with its a little out of date but im sure it will help.

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

Robert S. Quintana

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1

Canon EOS 7D II Digital SLR   <canon>
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    Digital SLR  

Canon EF 28mm f/2.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-16-35 f/2.8 L II USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

Josh

I have it printed up from a few years ago, stuffed in my wallet. A little ratty, should probably print it up again. I've never had issues except at PMD around the Skunk ramp. They had the hangar open and you could just make out all the project floor dividing walls, so I was going up a hill to get a top down shot and airport security rolled up on me like I was Osama.

kick Z tail out

Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

akradecki

If you want a more in-depth coverage of the subject (especially if you want to market yourself as a photographer), check out the book The Law (In Plain English) for Photographers by Leonard Duboff (ISBN: 1-58115-225-6)...it's an essential read.
Alan
Mojave Skies blog: http://mojaveskies.blogspot.com

Dragonskiss

This is a great bit of info, I've been looking for something related to this.  I have always wondered about the legality behind taking pictures of other people/subjects.  One of my friends was taking pictures of kids and their parents at the park and was angrily confronted by the mother, saying it was an invasion of privacy/interfering of daily activities  <laughing>.  I knew that was totally bonkers and ridiculous, since they were in a public place.  

On the other hand, as Keith has mentioned to me, it seems El Al has a huge security problem with photographers taking pictures of their a/c.  Does airport law enforcement/security really deem it necessary?  Must be, they take no chances with anyone.  Anyhow, thanks for posting this Chilibean. It'd be a good idea to print this out and keep it in your bag, as Josh has.  

GTagami

Quote from: CHILIBEAN on July 26, 2009, 01:44:49 AM
Whats going on everyone...since we had a topic about the law of photography, well i was at my nephews baseball game today and i was talking with one of the parents who also was taking pictures and had issues at KLGB, i had told him about my problem back in Feb when i had my issue with the law along with Keith shortly after me,So he gave me a link to the photographers rights in public.. This is what i came up with its a little out of date but im sure it will help.

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

What issues did he have at KLGB?
Canon stuff.

CHILIBEAN

Quote from: GTagami on July 26, 2009, 03:21:50 PM
What issues did he have at KLGB?

He was stopped for taking pictures of the C-17 about 2 months ago while it was doing several touch and go. 
Robert S. Quintana

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1

Canon EOS 7D II Digital SLR   <canon>
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    Digital SLR  

Canon EF 28mm f/2.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-16-35 f/2.8 L II USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

NikonGuy

Cool, thanks for the link Robert. Im going to print it out too just like Josh did, a real good idea.   8)
Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Fernando Sedeno on July 27, 2009, 06:58:53 PM
Cool, thanks for the link Robert. Im going to print it out too just like Josh did, a real good idea.   8)

Yep, me too. Good info ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview