News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Palmdale Plant 42 - PMD

Started by akradecki, May 22, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f4_phantom_fan

From today........F-18 is an Aussie, A44-201.

f4_phantom_fan

Quote from: sr-aeronut on July 23, 2010, 05:56:35 AM
I use the Canon 7D and the 50D with the Canon 100-400 for the bulk of what I shoot ...  not sure what Brian is using these days.

Canon 20D (on its last legs, lol), Canon 18-55 and 75-300, and Sigma 175-500mm. Had a Tokina 80-400mm - sharpest non-Canon lens I've ever used, and also a Tamron 200-400 but sold that one awhile back.

sr-aeronut

Lucky dog  I've going there every day after work and getting nothing !!
You only live once so shoot twice

f4_phantom_fan

Bummer. Sofia never came back then? NASA's hangar door was wide open and didn't look like it was inside. Thought you might catch at least that.

nmcbride

Quote from: sr-aeronut on August 04, 2010, 06:46:28 PM
Lucky dog  I've going there every day after work and getting nothing !!

I get the occasional C130 after work and that's about it.

In the last month I have made it over there to see a B-1, KC-135, U-2 and B-2 flying off into the distance, never to return while I am sitting there.

Last week my wife called me at work to tell me the B-2 was flying around over Palmdale and Lancaster for well over an hour.    :-\

f4_phantom_fan

Man I'm dyin to catch a B-1 or a B-52, esp at the eastside viewpoint. Haven't caught either one of those in ages..........

f4_phantom_fan

Janet #N365SR, a Global Hawk, and 747-8 were out today, as well as the Wyoming C-130, and the NASA DC-8, and a Marine Corps bird which I didn't recognize but looks similar to the Army's RC-12 without all the antennas.

nmcbride

Out shopping tonight, saw two C130's flying low in loose formation over Rancho Vista headed West.    Don't remember seeing anything that low so far out (except when the hills were burning last week).

No camera with me, of course. :-[

sr-aeronut

sr-aeronut

aero-engineer

"Looking Glass" mission.

"Take Charge and Move Out"

Kevin
aero-engineer
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

f4_phantom_fan

Had a tip about a possible RF-4C delivery to Mojave this week, with California ANG "Grizzlies" markings, so went out and waited from about 845 til just before 10am. Headed home and the damn thing showed up 3 mins after I left!!  Gotta hope for another test flight before they paint it orange.

f4_phantom_fan

Caught another Global Hawk today, along with the Raiders' black tailed C-130, a Dyess AFB C-130, and the NKC-135 from Edwards.

kick Z tail out

Love the black tail Raiders bird.  8) Nice work Brian!
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview