News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Palmdale Plant 42 - PMD

Started by akradecki, May 22, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f4_phantom_fan

Yeah its been 110 now for three days straight. Very little action at P-42 during the times I went this week.

SkyBaby

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on July 16, 2010, 03:48:08 PM
Yeah its been 110 now for three days straight. Very little action at P-42 during the times I went this week.

The heat probably has something to do with it. 
Equipment:  Canon EOS 50D; 28-135mm IS 3.5-5.6  Saving up for the Canon 100-400L. 

Wildlife and aviation photographer.

My Facebook photography page. If you like what you see, give me page a thumbs up! I promise not to flood your news feeds. :D
https://www.facebook.com/PhotographybyKiraAndreola

My flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skys_flickr/

gfydad

Looks like the Wyoming ANG bird is testing out of Edwards looking at the sensors on the pitot tube.
They've got the state license plate befoe the pilot's window.
This almost looks to be a Combat Spear but isn't sporting the usual air-to-air refueling stations the type normally carries on the outboard wing stations.

f4_phantom_fan

Did anyone catch the red/white P-3 Orion that was out today?? Saw it but didn't have the camera w me.   

f4_phantom_fan

Today's catches. The WR-coded U-2 was out again today, shot it on video, but it did not have that big satellite data uplink pod on this time around. Actually caught an F-16 from Edwards I've never seen before, and seeing one of the Hercs w the orange firefighting markings here at P42, was also a first for me. Busy day today, nice change from the many hours of nothing the past couple of weeks. The E-2C is the Sunkings' CAG - went back thru my files and noticed I'd shot it four years ago coming out of Davis-Monthan AFB, and at that time it flew for VAW-87 and still had the older 4-blade props.

Midnight Mover

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on July 21, 2010, 09:11:28 PM
Today's catches. The WR-coded U-2 was out again today, shot it on video, but it did not have that big satellite data uplink pod on this time around. Actually caught an F-16 from Edwards I've never seen before, and seeing one of the Hercs w the orange firefighting markings here at P42, was also a first for me. Busy day today, nice change from the many hours of nothing the past couple of weeks. The E-2C is the Sunkings' CAG - went back thru my files and noticed I'd shot it four years ago coming out of Davis-Monthan AFB, and at that time it flew for VAW-87 and still had the older 4-blade props.

8)

sr-aeronut

Nice stuff Brian!  it was another hot one ---could not last,   Clay Lacy was scouting around

You only live once so shoot twice

phantomphan1974

Great shots guys and the Channel Island guys getting better at the orange markings.  Number looks better almost a stencil. 
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

SkyBaby

Quote from: sr-aeronut on July 21, 2010, 10:26:49 PM
Nice stuff Brian!  it was another hot one ---could not last,   Clay Lacy was scouting around

Beautiful captures!!!  I love love love the second one.  What lens/camera combo were you using?
Equipment:  Canon EOS 50D; 28-135mm IS 3.5-5.6  Saving up for the Canon 100-400L. 

My Facebook photography page. If you like what you see, give me page a thumbs up! I promise not to flood your news feeds. :D

My flickr:

sr-aeronut

I use the Canon 7D and the 50D with the Canon 100-400 for the bulk of what I shoot ...  not sure what Brian is using these days.

SkyBaby

Quote from: sr-aeronut on July 23, 2010, 05:56:35 AM
I use the Canon 7D and the 50D with the Canon 100-400 for the bulk of what I shoot ...  not sure what Brian is using these days.

Thanks for letting me know.  I'm just curious what lenses are being used most often, because I'm trying to decide what long lens to get for my 50D. 

My flickr:

sr-aeronut

For Canon, the 100-400 L  is the most popular and a pretty good lens!!

aim9xray

Quote from: SkyBaby on July 22, 2010, 06:25:12 PMBeautiful captures!!!  I love love love the second one.  What lens/camera combo were you using?
The E-2 bubbas are indeed using vinyl stencils since they got a cutter a few years back.  It's a lot less work and hassle than dealing with paint for markings (especially since Ventura County is lumped in with LA for air pollution regulation purposes).

phantomphan1974

Quote from: aim9xray on July 23, 2010, 07:44:44 PM
The E-2 bubbas are indeed using vinyl stencils since they got a cutter a few years back.  It's a lot less work and hassle than dealing with paint for markings (especially since Ventura.  County is lumped in with LA for air pollution regulation purposes).
So they are stencils or vinyl decals?
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

aim9xray

Oops, sorry for the confusion!  My understanding is vinyl decals that they cut on their machine for the numbers and smaller stuff.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview