News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Obama To Land at Long Beach - LGB

Started by phantomphan1974, March 16, 2009, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTagami

Is AF-1 going to be hidden from sites like Flight Aware?
Canon stuff.

Josh

Josh

Quote from: phantomphan1974 on March 18, 2009, 07:08:36 AM
Thats probably the back-up AF1 that always goes.

I doubt it. Owned and operated by Miami Air International.

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

NikonGuy

Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

NikonGuy

I'm confused... LoL. I'm at work right now but is way too hazy down here. hopefully ill be able to at least catch Marine One.
Fernando Sedeno
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF

Josh

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Josh

Josh

Got a static shot along with the 737-800 that came out of Andrews from Signal Hill. Didn't have time to go over to the fence near her, but there were quite a few people over there so it doesn't seem as restricted as one would imagine. She should be there until tomorrow, departure time unknown.

NikonGuy

So far you are the only one from the group that has a shot of AF1. Great shots Josh!  ;)   <apscs>   <thumbsup>
Fernando Sedeno
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF

GTagami

Whew! I made it back from what turned out to be a longer outing than expected. I made it to Long Beach around 2 p.m. and drove around a bit to come up with my best guess at what would be a good spot to catch AF-1. I settled on a little park just west of CSULB. It's on the north side of Atherton across from Whaley Park. AF-1 was right on time and I was able to pick up some pretty decent shots.
I was driving away to try and catch the motorcade when I noticed 3 Presidential CH-53's and 2 Night Hawks heading South. I figured Obama flew to Costa Mesa instead of drove so I made my way over to the fairgrounds. Sure enough, all 5 helos were in the parking lot. The area was locked down pretty tight so getting any type of shot was extremely difficult. I drove around a bit and found a decent spot to shoot from. All I could get was the 53's through some trees. The Night Hawks were completely obscured from view.
The saving grace was capturing the departure. Not the best, but worth the effort.
Photos coming soon...
Canon stuff.

Josh

Quote from: GTagami on March 18, 2009, 06:58:41 PM
Whew! I made it back from what turned out to be a longer outing than expected. I made it to Long Beach around 2 p.m. and drove around a bit to come up with my best guess at what would be a good spot to catch AF-1. I settled on a little park just west of CSULB. It's on the north side of Atherton across from Whaley Park. AF-1 was right on time and I was able to pick up some pretty decent shots.
I was driving away to try and catch the motorcade when I noticed 3 Presidential CH-53's and 2 Whitehawks heading South. I figured Obama flew to Costa Mesa instead of drove so I made my way over to the fairgrounds. Sure enough, all 5 helos were in the parking lot. The area was locked down pretty tight so getting any type of shot was extremely difficult. I drove around a bit and found a decent spot to shoot from. All I could get was the 53's through some trees. The Whitehawks were completely obscured from view.
The saving grace was capturing the departure. Not the best, but worth the effort.
Photos coming soon...

Great to hear someone got some great shots. ;D

Midnight Mover

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview