News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

The Great Reno Balloon Race 2009

Started by Midnight Mover, January 24, 2009, 11:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Midnight Mover

The Great Reno Balloon Race 2009 <rocker>

9/11/09 To 9/13/09

Reno, NV

The Great Reno Balloon Race is the largest free hot air ballooning event in the Nation. During three days in early September, you can look up into the Reno skies and see a rainbow of hot air balloons soaring about. From its humble beginnings in 1982 with just 20 balloons, The Great Reno Balloon Race has taken flight with more than 100 balloons each year. Taking place just a few miles north of downtown Reno, the event enchants both young and old with its vibrant colors and inspiring music. The Balloon Race has won many awards over the years including 'Best Special Event in Reno' and 'Best Special Event in Northern Nevada.' With an average of 140,000 spectators attending the event each year, the number of lives touched by the beautiful spectacle continues to rise just like the balloons themselves.

We invite you to explore this section of the Web site to get a taste for what you'll find at the Great Reno Balloon Race. If you're looking for an aerial event that will leave you with a sky-high feeling, don't miss The Great Reno Balloon Race.

http://www.renoballoon.com

f4_phantom_fan

Ooh, may have to check this one out after I'm done at Fallon........... ;D

Midnight Mover

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on July 12, 2009, 11:05:21 PM
Ooh, may have to check this one out after I'm done at Fallon........... ;D

Don't forget the Airraces 8)

f4_phantom_fan

Probably not going to be able to make the air races, unless I find a good camping spot somewhere. I'll have to look into that and see if I can stretch that trip out a bit, lol.   

Oh and speaking of ballooning events, for those interested in the Albuquerque Fiesta, I've received word that the Darth Vader balloon that was there in '07 and '08, will be back again this year. .... ;D

f4_phantom_fan

snapperbaz

I completely forgot about Reno-so that'll be 3 balloon events I'll be down for next year there...don't think my Fiancee knows what she's letting herself in for what with all these days at Redflag, LAX and god knows where else!!! <laughing>
Hi guys! ...check out my Website: www.Fierce1.com for Aviation & Motorsport pics and more!

Midnight Mover

Quote from: desert rat on August 21, 2009, 02:33:54 PM
Thinking

Friday Balloons at sunrise and then drive to Fallon afterwards for airshow.. balloons should be done by 8am or so...

Saturday shoot balloons driving to Sacramento
Sunday airshow at Mather Field (California Capital Airshow)

Skipping Air races.. Not enough time to stick aroud the rest of week...  

Yes, Reno is long ;D

Midnight Mover

Quote from: snapperbaz on August 21, 2009, 01:47:59 PM
I completely forgot about Reno-so that'll be 3 balloon events I'll be down for next year there...don't think my Fiancee knows what she's letting herself in for what with all these days at Redflag, LAX and god knows where else!!! <laughing>

Im going to Reno next year too, if they still have it <angel>

snapperbaz

So that'll be 2 of us going...I'd also do the Temecular balloon do as well usually in Oct' I think...gonna be doing a fair bit of snapping next year by the look of things...here's one from a previous Bristol Fiesta. I love the Special Shapes so getting shots of them is always my priority!
Hi guys! ...check out my Website: www.Fierce1.com for Aviation & Motorsport pics and more!

f4_phantom_fan

anyone know what time of the AM the Reno launch site's parking lot opens up?

Midnight Mover

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on August 31, 2009, 10:26:08 AM
anyone know what time of the AM the Reno launch site's parking lot opens up?

I think about 2AM or so, but I don't think it ever closes ;D Last time I got there about 3:30AM >:D

f4_phantom_fan

Quote from: Midnight Mover on August 31, 2009, 06:03:09 PM
I think about 2AM or so, but I don't think it ever closes ;D Last time I got there about 3:30AM >:D

WOW, lol..........

f4_phantom_fan

I was looking at an Auto Club map of the park area and looks like there's a small lake or pond nearby. I wonder how well that would work in trying to get the balloons reflecting in the water...........

f4_phantom_fan

Here are some of my shots from Sunday...........

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview