News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Western Museum of Flight Grand Opening

Started by phantomphan1974, September 24, 2007, 08:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

phantomphan1974

Looks like they are officially having a grand opening on Nov 4th, 2007 from 11-3pm. http://www.wmof.com/.  Link to announcement http://www.wmof.com/announce.htm

Regular hours are Wed, Sat, Sun 11am-3pm.  Looking forward to this local event.  Hope to see and meet some of you guys there.

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

GTagami

Canon stuff.

Josh

Heres my photos from the preview fly-in earlier this year.

http://www.nyhusphotography.com/WMoFFly-In07.htm

I'm willing to bet that they will have a lot of the same planes, maybe even more?

GTagami

Quote from: Josh on October 24, 2007, 09:44:17 PM

I'm willing to bet that they will have a lot of the same planes, maybe even more?

A very nice collection! Are those fly-in's and fly-by's? When do they start to fly-in?

G
Canon stuff.

Josh

Quote from: GTagami on October 25, 2007, 07:42:49 AM
Quote from: Josh on October 24, 2007, 09:44:17 PM

A very nice collection! Are those fly-in's and fly-by's? When do they start to fly-in?

G

Thanks, Fly-Ins and Departures, but a few did a fly-by pass before entering the pattern, Damon is trying to dig up the fly-in time. But last time I seem to remember them starting to drop in around 9am.

aero-engineer

I'm going to try to go, but things may prevent it.

So did anyone came up with times?

Also, I've never shot Zamperini Field.

Any suggested spots?

Kevin
aero-engineer
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

Midnight Mover

Count me in!

I just learned of this today. I missed the last one, but thanks to this website I finally get to see the museum and the fly in.

:)

phantomphan1974

I think they start arriving at 9am and if the sun in in the southeast.  Somewhere near the Acura dealer or the Armstrong Nursey would be good.  That is near Crenshaw and Airport drive, just south of PCH.  Unless you want bottow shots you can head about a quarter mile down on Crenshaw just after the curve and get the above you.  There is a billboard in the way.
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Josh

Quote from: aero-engineer on October 29, 2007, 10:32:48 PM

Any suggested spots?

Kevin
aero-engineer

Theres also the Lowe's parking lot on the north side of the field, if you have a ladder or can stand on your car, it could produce some good, unique shots. Keep in mind that you would be shooting toward the sun though. I also don't know how they would treat photogs there as I haven't personally shot there. The entrance is on Skypark Drive.

Josh

I'd also like to shout out a welcome to our newest member, Midnight Mover... Welcome to the group.  :)

phantomphan1974

Quote from: Josh on October 30, 2007, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: aero-engineer on October 29, 2007, 10:32:48 PM

Any suggested spots?

Kevin
aero-engineer

Theres also the Lowe's parking lot on the north side of the field, if you have a ladder or can stand on your car, it could produce some good, unique shots. Keep in mind that you would be shooting toward the sun though. I also don't know how they would treat photogs there as I haven't personally shot there. The entrance is on Skypark Drive.
There is also the office building parking lot next to Lowe's that is over laps (separated by fence) on the west side as you drive in as well.  I have not been bother there and only shot 15 mins from Lowe's parking lot
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Josh

Also a quick note, for the preview fly-in, they brought some planes in on Thursday and Friday, so keep your eyes peeled.

Josh

I am happy to say things have worked out so that I will be attending, I look forward to meeting you all.

Josh

Heres some weather stats for Sunday after looking at a few places.

80-85?F
Clear to partially cloudy.
I even saw one saying theres 4% chance of showers, I wouldn't plan on it tho, just found it amusing.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview