News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Gillespie Air Show 2014

Started by Midnight Mover, October 05, 2013, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Midnight Mover

Gillespie Air Show 2014

June 7 & 8, 2014

Gillespie Field
1960 Joe Crosson Road
El Cajon, CA 92020

http://ag1caf.org
www.facebook.com/events/181048442082583

The sequester will have no effect on Air Group One's June 7th & 8th, 2014 AirShow as it has on the Miramar Air Show and many others around the country. This year's "AirShow San Diego" formerly known as Wings Over Gillespie will feature are a representative collection of Aircraft and Acts to support the commemoration of the 70th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion: PBY Catalina, PB4Y-2 Privateer, Ryan STM, Ryan PT-22, Ryan L-17 Navion, Vultee BT-13 will also be present. Back by popular demand, John Collver's War Dog T6/SNJ aerial display, Silver Wings Wingwalking plus the only Northrop N9M Flying Wing will return. Other WWII aircraft include: C-53 "D-Day Doll", F4U Corsair, F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, F4F Wildcat, P-51D "Lady Alice," NA-50, P-63 King Cobra, and many more "Flying Museums." Numerous aircraft, Navy SEALs will be on ground display in addition to military re-enactors, paratroopers, and a mock battle with "Pyro." Flying and mock battle performance days will be weekend of June, 7th & 8th. Gates open 9 am to 4 pm, at Gillespie Field in El Cajon.

Friday, June 6th, is a FREE youth Education Day with a focus on Aviation related Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. This "A-STEM" day is presented by Air Group One. There will be no scheduled air show flying on Education Day.

Air Group One will commemorate San Diego's contribution to aviation in WWII and its part in the "Arsenal of Democracy" that transformed San Diego. Audiences will be able to learn, through the memories of veterans, from military re-enactors and displays and flybys of aircraft what it was like when San Diego was home to massive aircraft industries and thousands of aerial warriors training to protect freedom, liberty and our great nation.

AirShow San Diego is a once-a-year family event with a FREE Kid's Zone and FREE PARKING. Amusements, rides, education displays, a variety of food and beverages, plus a Beer Garden that will add up to a great summer weekend for all. With the SR-52 extension that connects to SR-67, Gillespie Field is now more accessible than ever.

Realbigtaco

I just noticed on the Air Group 1 website that you can buy a "Photographer's Ticket" for $50.  It says Sunrise to Sunset and Hot ramp access....hmmmm.  I want to know if you could stay for night time shots...

tstbell

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

samophoto

I just purchased my ticket for the Photo Tour, but I didn't see anything in the response email about orange vests or the hold harmless?  Does this come later?
Thanks!

tstbell

Quote from: samophoto on May 29, 2014, 11:14:34 AM
I just purchased my ticket for the Photo Tour, but I didn't see anything in the response email about orange vests or the hold harmless?  Does this come later?
Thanks!

Yeah I think we should be getting an email from Air Group One, CAF with the hold harmless release form and hopefully more info about the photographer pass. The orange safety vest will NOT be provided, you have to bring your own. If you have anymore questions you can send a Flickr mail to airplaneguy38 on Flickr. That's who I got my information from.

samophoto

samophoto

:) Home Depot has orange safety vests for a little under $20

DKuhlow

My Photobucket Albums

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v660/RescueKUjo/
------------------------------------------------------------------

DKuhlow

My Photobucket Albums

DKuhlow

a couple of the "period" model those of us who purchased the "photographer's ticket" had access to after everyone went home...

My Photobucket Albums

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Kevin Joyce

A couple from the show.
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 USM
Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 50mm  1:2.5 Macro
Canon EF 100-400mm  1:4.5-5.6 L IS
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

Kevin Joyce

A couple from the show
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

Kevin Joyce

From after the show. A shoot with the reenactors.
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview