News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Reno Nation Championship Air Races 2011

Started by phantomphan1974, September 19, 2011, 11:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantomphan1974

If you would like to post photos from earlier in the week from qualifing and such, please post here.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

rammsteinmatt

I'm on it.... only a couple more hours of sorting before the editing can start :(
D7000
D7000
17-55 f/2.8 AFS
70-200 f/2.8 AFS VR
200-400 f/4 AFS VR

Josh

I know our members have great respect for what happened... But I want to make it very clear, any photos of the accident will be removed.

warbirdfotos

I feel it necassary to put up a couple photos from this years event. I was close enough to the tragedy to have disturbing images etched upon my memory banks, Keith and i spent a portion of the day talking about the good ole days of warbird aviation while we retreated to the bus between heats. Robert was much closer and his account is very graphic. It's still a very sensitive subject, i cant shake it, still find myself sobbing when i think of it! We've all seen enough of the mishap, here's an attempt to remember what was great about the days leading up to the cancellation!

Josh

rammsteinmatt

Quote from: warbirdfotos on September 22, 2011, 09:54:56 AM
I feel it necassary to put up a couple photos from this years event. I was close enough to the tragedy to have disturbing images etched upon my memory banks, Keith and i spent a portion of the day talking about the good ole days of warbird aviation while we retreated to the bus between heats. Robert was much closer and his account is very graphic. It's still a very sensitive subject, i cant shake it, still find myself sobbing when i think of it! We've all seen enough of the mishap, here's an attempt to remember what was great about the days leading up to the cancellation!

That's exactly how I would attempt to describe Friday.  I won't forget Friday 4:23pm and those 5 seconds as long as I live...

Here's my modest attempt at depicting friday's pre-cancellation events
D7000
D7000
17-55 f/2.8 AFS
70-200 f/2.8 AFS VR
200-400 f/4 AFS VR

Lonewolf051

Some fonder times...
"There's no sweeter feeling than that rude jerking, letting you know that your chute has opened" -Sgt. Jack Barnes 82nd Airborne

warbirdfotos

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview