News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Wings of the Silver Screen 2008

Started by phantomphan1974, March 04, 2008, 01:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

phantomphan1974

Link:http://www.planesoffame.org/airshows/2008/airshowinfo.php

TIMES, ADMISSION, & TICKETS

Gates Open at 8AM on both days
Flying begins at 11:15am to 4pm.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE SCHEDULE, CLICK HERE http://www.planesoffame.org/airshows/2008/airshowschedule.php
NOTE - The Hotramp closes shortly before the flying begins.

ADMISSION:
Adults - $20
Ages 5-11 - $5
Ages under 5 are FREE!

Advanced Discounted Tickets can be purchased on this website
for $16 adult,
$5 ages 5-11 until May 11.
After that date has passed, a $1 off coupon will be available.

FOOD AND VENDORS
Every year there are a vast assortment of food and merchandise vendors at the Airshow.  Food ranges from Hot Dogs, Pizza, Shaved Ice, Sodas, and much more in our Food court area near the tower and assorted snack vendors located throughout the airshow.

Merchandise vendors, selling everything from Aviation toys, prints, clothing, books, memorabilia, & more will be on hand.  You can often even find vendors selling portable chairs and umbrellas if needed.

ITEMS TO BRING AND NOT TO BRING
Portable chairs are highly recommended at the airshow.  Temperatures can get very hot some years, so please come prepared. Having a chair to sit on during the performances will help. Sunscreen is highly recommended.

Please check the weather in advance to see if it will be a hot or cold day. In the event of a cold day, be sure to bring a warm jacket.

Umbrellas are allowed, however we ask that you be thoughtful of the people behind you and their view of the airshow when setting them up.  Water will be available for purchase at the airshow, however, having some water bottles with you is recommended.  Cameras and Camcorders are welcomed and encouraged!

Please do not bring coolers into the airshow. Alcohol will be sold inside the airshow and is not permitted to be brought in from outside sources.

PARKING AND SHUTTLE TRAMS
Be prepared for long lines to park. Getting early in line before the gates open is recommended.  No matter what direction you are coming to the Airport, you will see signs & volunteers directing you to the parking area. There is Handicap parking available.  The main parking lot area is out in a grassy dirt field on the Airport premises, and while we try to keep the dust to a minimum, please be prepared for your car to get a little dirty. There is a shuttle tram service that makes round trips from the parking area to the Airshow Hotramp entrance.  You are free to walk if you'd rather not ride the tram or if lines are long, however it can be a lengthy walk and may seem even longer if the weather is very hot.

VIEWING LOCATIONS
There are several viewing areas to watch the aircraft flying throughout the day.  The main viewing area is the main airshow viewing line where the Vendors and static aircraft are located.  Aircraft will taxi right past the crowd and this area provides a very long stretch of easy viewing with very little distractions.

Also keep in mind that shortly before the flying begins the Hotramp, where all the aircraft that will be performing in the airshow are located, will be closed due to safety precautions.  Once the Airshow has finished and the aircraft collected and parked, the Hotramp will reopen.  For the best light, it is recommended to visit the Hotramp around 9am.

STILL HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have a question not answered here, we invite you to
call the Planes of Fame Museum at (909) 597-3722
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

GTagami

Canon stuff.

Midnight Mover

Looks like I will be sitting this one out :-[   I will be at the Torrance Armed Forces Day Parade. Maybe next year for this one ::)

phantomphan1974

Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

phantomphan1974

Quote from: GTagami on April 29, 2008, 09:13:39 PM
I'm going on Saturday. I have an extra ticket if you want it.

G
Thanks G, maybe. Not sure yet which day my Dad wants to go.  He likes going to the Armed Forces Day Parade http://www.apsocal.com/index.php/topic,272.0.html up here in Torrance.   Midnight Mover is going to that.
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Midnight Mover

Quote from: desert rat on April 30, 2008, 10:27:34 AM
I went both days last year and it worked out nicely.. Got some images on one day i did not get the other... 

MIght try and hit it both days...

Always important to go all days of an airshow ;D

NikonGuy

Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

Josh

Quote from: Midnight Mover on May 09, 2008, 12:42:26 AM
Always important to go all days of an airshow ;D

Yup. Can fix those messed up shots. And wont be in a rush to get the static stuff too.

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Josh on May 09, 2008, 07:51:57 AM
Yup. Can fix those messed up shots. And wont be in a rush to get the static stuff too.
Also, you never know what the weather will bring  >:D

GTagami

Canon stuff.

Midnight Mover

Looks like I will be sitting this one out  :'(   I will be at the Torrance Armed Forces Day Parade ;D Maybe next year for this one.

phantomphan1974

I think Sunday for us.  My dad was talking about going to the Armed Forces Parade too.  But not set in stone yet.
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview