News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Interference with camera settings...???

Started by warbirdfotos, October 23, 2010, 11:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warbirdfotos

Just received this from a photog buddy of mine, who had a very interesting experience while doing air to air work!

"Chuck,
I guess we are members of the mutual admiration society????  I'm really interested in what transpires with the EOS 7D problem.  I'm planning on getting one as my second body.   I had a problem with my 5D Mk II during an air-to-air session while at Tullahoma.  My settings started randomly changing, and attempts to reset them didn't seem to have any effect.  It almost acted like I was getting electrical interference from an outside source????  When we landed, while still sitting in the aircraft during refueling, I was still having problems.  We did one more flight that day and I was able to get some settings to hold, but it was still kind of screwy.  Once back on the ground, and away from the aircraft I was able to get things back to normal.  It was really weird, I never had anything like that happen before.   The more I thought about it, it seems logical that some sort of electrical signal did cause the problem, but I don't know if it was on the aircraft or from a ground source.  We were near a large Air Force Test Facility, so I imagine anything is possible.  I flown in the same aircraft (Beech T-34) many times and never experienced a problem before.  Have you ever heard of anyone having this type of problem?

Blue skies,
Bob b"

Anyone have similar experience?

rammsteinmatt

Haven't had an issue like that with my D80 or D40x while in a Bonanza, Pacer, or C172.

How would an electrical signal have an effect?  Do 5D mk IIs have wireless control ability (other than shutter release)?  I guess i could see how electrical interference could cause the camera to not work at all (although thats a stretch), but change settings?  seems far fetched if there is no wireless receiver in the camera that would allow settings to be changed...

I guess shoot RAW and shoot Nikon.  That would probably help ;)
D7000
D7000
17-55 f/2.8 AFS
70-200 f/2.8 AFS VR
200-400 f/4 AFS VR

kick Z tail out

Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview