News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Monster Truck event / AV Fairgrounds

Started by f4_phantom_fan, April 21, 2010, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f4_phantom_fan

For those near the area, the AV Fairgrounds are hosting a monster truck event. Times are 1:30 and 7:30pm. "American Thunder" was on display at Lancaster Honda this afternoon, with a fantastic patriotic red, white and blue paint scheme, and "Bigfoot" will be at Tire Pros right across the street from Lancaster City Park from 11am to 2pm. There will also be other trucks displayed near Schooners on Thurs from 3-7pm. I've been wanting to shoot one of these events for awhile now - as Monty Python would say "And now for something completely different"  LOL.

See www.monsterxtour.com for tickets and more info.

Midnight Mover

Looks like they want photographers too ;D

Photographers Corner - Great! It looks like you're a photographer, or else you wouldn't be on this page, huh?
We always need a photographer or two at our events. Finding a photographer can be a hard thing for us, as our focus is on delivering amazing and memorable times for families who attend our events. If you're a photographer near one of our events and want to score the best seat in the house, and all-access, please contact us using the email address below.

Becoming an offical Monster X Tour photographer will allow your work to be seen by hundreds of thousands of fans throughout the United States, including credit given to your work in our Monster Truck Entertainment yearbook and on our website. Plus you'll be able to add us to your client portfolio! We do have some requirements though, and they include:

10 Megapixel or higher Digital SLR Camera Body
Professional camera lenses (most venues are not light friendly when it comes to brightness)
A list of your camera equipment
Event/venue you want to hit up
Dates your available to shoot
If you think you got what it takes to become a Monster X Tour photographer, click the bold email address link below! danny@monstertruckent.com

f4_phantom_fan

Yep, I put in my name as soon as I saw that, but little did I know my only remaining DSLR would die on me after shooting American Thunder this evening.......... >:(

Midnight Mover

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on April 21, 2010, 07:42:23 PM
Yep, I put in my name as soon as I saw that, but little did I know my only remaining DSLR would die on me after shooting American Thunder this evening.......... >:(

That sucks >:(

Repair?

or

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

f4_phantom_fan

Good news......the camera has 'recovered' and is working again.  <thumbsup>. I was shooting out in the rain with it and it just got too wet and too cold and I figured it was shot, I just couldn't keep it dry enough. But just tried it again a short time ago and it's working fine. WHEWWWW!  But it's pretty much on it's last legs anyways (it's a 20D) - I've been getting the dreaded "error 99" msgs for awhile now, and I've got a shutter that's sticking, not to mention a ruined sensor as well. Repairs would not be worth it, so I'm planning to buy a 50D from B&H in mid-July.

At least I can now go to this monster truck event after all. Shooting video would've been fun, but it's also not quite the same as doing stills. I kept having this vision of a QRF-4C drone flying over the house tomorrow and Jim calling me up and saying "hey Bri, guess what I caught?!"   LOL.

That's the last time I shoot in heavy rain like that........

Midnight Mover

f4_phantom_fan

Here are some shots from today's afternoon show. Shot some nighttime stuff as well, from the cheap section (outside the fence, lol) as well. Will post those later.

f4_phantom_fan

Another batch........

f4_phantom_fan

Some more monster truck action......this is "Maniac"

f4_phantom_fan

Some shots from the night show.......

f4_phantom_fan

One more batch of night show images...........

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview