News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Aerial Fire Fighting Aircraft

Started by Venom1, April 08, 2010, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venom1

I finally have some video up of 6 Cal Fire S-2T's doing some pre-fire season certification training at Hemet a few weeks ago at night.

Aviation Photographer & Videographer
<------------------>
See My Videos!
See My Pictures!

kick Z tail out

Great video Nick.  8) This was the first time either of us had seen them do anything like this.

It wasn't just a little bit dark, it was full on pitch black. I couldn't shoot anything airborne, I had to keep to getting the aircraft on the ground.  <laughing> Nick got it all.
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Venom1

Quote from: kick Z tail out on April 08, 2010, 05:52:03 PM
Great video Nick.  8) This was the first time either of us had seen them do anything like this.

It wasn't just a little bit dark, it was full on pitch black. I couldn't shoot anything airborne, I had to keep to getting the aircraft on the ground.  <laughing> Nick got it all.

Thanks man! I've never seen them do training like that here. I guess they normally do it up at McClellan from what "Dino" was saying. But yeah it was even hard for my camera to get anything. The clouds that night blocked the moon in my night sensor so it basically was only using the runway lights and the aircraft lights to gather any light <laughing> it was still pretty cool though.
<------------------>
See My Videos!
See My Pictures!

Venom1

I have some footage from the Fairview Fire. It was well worth being sand pelted, soaked, and mud caked to get some of this  <laughing>

<------------------>
See My Videos!
See My Pictures!

kick Z tail out

Killer video Nick!  8) That was a lot of fun, and no road blocks.  8)

And you can hear my shutter in the background, moments before it's death, God rest it's soul. :(

<angel>
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Venom1

Thanks man. Yeah, that sucks about your camera dude. I hope you get it fixed or something for the rest of the season. I guess at least it died in the line of duty right?
<------------------>
See My Videos!
See My Pictures!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview