News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Reno National Championship Air Races 2008

Started by Midnight Mover, December 19, 2007, 07:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Midnight Mover

Reno National Championship Air Races 2008  <rocker>

Sepetember 10 - 14, 2008

The 45th Annual National Championship Air Races and Air Show will be held Sepetember 10 - 14, 2008 at Reno Stead Field.
Race aircraft in the Unlimited Class reach speeds of over 500 mph - by far the fastest-moving machines in motorsports! The event also includes a world-class air show featuring including the Canadian Forces "Snowbirds", top aerobatic performers, military and civil flight demonstrations, and a large display of static aircraft. Please plan to attend.

www.airrace.org

NikonGuy

Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

f4_phantom_fan

Rapscor schedule was just released, and Max will be at Reno this year...........:)   Other Southwestern events the F-22 will be at: Miramar, Nellis, March ARB.

Midnight Mover

f4_phantom_fan

Has anyone here been lucky enough to get a pylon pass? There's also a neighborhood out on the west end of the field that seems to be close enough for some good shots. Anyone try shooting there? I went in 2006 for my 1st Reno visit, and just shot from the pits and grandstands, and wasn't too thrilled with the race photos I came away with. The airshow stuff though, was excellent. I've tried 3 times for media / pylon passes - it's the only event I've not been able to get into with my credentials. Maybe this is a case of WHO you know out there?

Midnight Mover

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on February 14, 2008, 11:07:35 PM
Has anyone here been lucky enough to get a pylon pass? There's also a neighborhood out on the west end of the field that seems to be close enough for some good shots. Anyone try shooting there? I went in 2006 for my 1st Reno visit, and just shot from the pits and grandstands, and wasn't too thrilled with the race photos I came away with. The airshow stuff though, was excellent. I've tried 3 times for media / pylon passes - it's the only event I've not been able to get into with my credentials. Maybe this is a case of WHO you know out there?

The Reno Airraces are extremely strict. All photography shot any ware on airport property cannot be used for any purpose other than personal use. You must obtain permission from the Reno Airracing Association "RARA" for any other use. Also if you can get a media pass, you will sign your life away each day you have one. You might try Victor, he is the only one that I know of that has a ramp pass from our local group of photographers. I have been out at the pylons one time may years ago before 9-11, they were not as strict then. It is a killer experience. But due to security and safety issues it is near impossible to go any ware else in the valley or the surrounding area to get good photos.

I have been going to the airraces since 1996. I have not missed a year since then. That said, beware it is addictive. I normally hang out in the pits for qualifications and shoot from there but on Wednesday when the races start; I shoot from Section 3 (the orange shirts). If anyone is going this year let me know. I will be there for the entire event <rocker> <cheers>

Midnight Mover

One week to go, final prep. I should be at Stead this Friday ;D

Is anyone else in our group going?

WARBIRD KEITH

I will be going up next Wed. til Sun.  nite,  We will not be racing this year :'(, but have plans for next year! ???

Midnight Mover

Quote from: WARBIRD KEITH on September 02, 2008, 11:40:38 AM
I will be going up next Wed. til Sun.  nite,  We will not be racing this year :'(, but have plans for next year! ???

Will see you there ;D

WARBIRD KEITH

phantomphan1974

Sorry to hear that. :(  Robert your our eyes and ears for Reno.  Have fun and I already know you will take lots of photos  ;)
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

NikonGuy

Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Midnight Mover

Quote from: WARBIRD KEITH on September 03, 2008, 03:21:06 PM
Well I have decided to cancel this year !>:( >:( ??? :( :( :(

Dude, that sucks >:(, it was good talking to you yesterday. I hope next year will be better ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview