VMFA-232 "Red Devils" F/A-18 Hornet Action @ Long Beach KLGB 8-9-2009

Started by WARBIRD KEITH, August 09, 2009, 09:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WARBIRD KEITH

Today @ Long Beach was Awesome :o !  Thanks to the Pilots & Aircraft of VMFA-232 for making some NOISE for us ! <cheers> <cheers> <cheers>   Today was a good Day!

Myself,Chilibean, Fernando, Kevin J.,Dragonskiss,Garik85,and the OldMan!and friends were present to witness the action! It was Great hangin out with you guys! <cheers> & Thanks for coming out ! Today was a Good Day! <thumbup>

Pics will follow very soon!
(berfore nights end)

<rocker>

Dragonskiss

Wow, today was definitely one of the best I've had in quite a while. <thumbup>  Fernando, Kevin Joyce, and Garik 85, it was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you all.  Chilibean and Keith, good to see you again, as always. ;)

Also, this is my first time shooting military fighters, so please feel free to drop a suggestion or two about photographing these bad boys.  I tip my hat to these pilots and it was an honor to shake hands with all of them.  They have renewed my respect for them and what they have contributed to our country.  This has been a truly unforgettable day and I only hope for plenty more.  Thanks everyone for showing up to share this with me.  Cheers!  <cheers>

Here are some photos to get this started....

phantomphan1974

I was really tired yesterday and fell asleep but a LOUD jet woke me.  I think it was these guys about 2 ish or so.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

NikonGuy

Quote from: Dragonskiss on August 09, 2009, 11:06:44 PM
Wow, today was definitely one of the best I've had in quite a while. <thumbup>  Fernando, Kevin Joyce, and Garik 85, it was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you all.  Chilibean and Keith, good to see you again, as always. ;)

Also, this is my first time shooting military fighters, so please feel free to drop a suggestion or two about photographing these bad boys.  I tip my hat to these pilots and it was an honor to shake hands with all of them.  They have renewed my respect for them and what they have contributed to our country.  This has been a truly unforgettable day and I only hope for plenty more.  Thanks everyone for showing up to share this with me.  Cheers!  <cheers>

Here are some photos to get this started....
It really was so much fun today, pleasure meeting Duy, Kevin Joyce, and Garik85. Keith and Chilibean, another great day to shoot with you guys.   ;)  

And.... my shots of the F/A 18's.   8)
Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

Josh

Man, wish I could have gone, great shots. Had to baby sit my lil sis. :-\ Thanks for the offer Keith. I'll give you a call a little later.

CHILIBEAN

OK ILL EDIT THE ONES THAT I TOOK AND POST THEM..YESTERDAY MAN I WAS BEAT AND I DIDNT EDIT NADA BUT I WILL TODAY AND POST THEM...kEVIN IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU AND I OWE YOU A COLD ONE FOR LETTING ME USE YOUR TELECONVERTER..FERNANDO,DUY,KEITH ITS ALWAYS GOOD MEETING UP WITH YOU GUYS...OH AND DUY THANKS AGAIN FOR HOOKING ME UP WITH THAT SCREEN PROTECTOR..
Robert S. Quintana

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1

Canon EOS 7D II Digital SLR   <canon>
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    Digital SLR  

Canon EF 28mm f/2.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-16-35 f/2.8 L II USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

NikonGuy

Thanks go_commando, me and Duy are meeting up at Santa Monica Airport next Saturday... Hes going to let me know, but if you are up for it ill PM you. It really is cool when there is a lot of APSocal members.   ;D
Fernando Sedeno
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF

NikonGuy

Quote from: CHILIBEAN on August 10, 2009, 03:24:24 PM
OK ILL EDIT THE ONES THAT I TOOK AND POST THEM..YESTERDAY MAN I WAS BEAT AND I DIDNT EDIT NADA BUT I WILL TODAY AND POST THEM...kEVIN IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU AND I OWE YOU A COLD ONE FOR LETTING ME USE YOUR TELECONVERTER..FERNANDO,DUY,KEITH ITS ALWAYS GOOD MEETING UP WITH YOU GUYS...OH AND DUY THANKS AGAIN FOR HOOKING ME UP WITH THAT SCREEN PROTECTOR..
Oh tell me about it! As soon as I got home n showered I went straight to sleep, LOL!   <laughing>  but I woke up later around 3 am. 
Fernando Sedeno
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF

Kevin Joyce

It was nice to finally meet you guys. Here are some of my shots.
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 USM
Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 50mm  1:2.5 Macro
Canon EF 100-400mm  1:4.5-5.6 L IS
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

Kevin Joyce

Some close up's of the pilots
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 USM
Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 50mm  1:2.5 Macro
Canon EF 100-400mm  1:4.5-5.6 L IS
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

Dragonskiss

Quote from: CHILIBEAN on August 10, 2009, 03:24:24 PM

You got it boss  <thumbup>  If you end up not putting it on, let me do it next time for sure, because I have some brand new microfiber cloths to get all the grime and dirt off of the screen.  I'm really nitpicky when it comes to that kind of stuff...my old cloth wasn't really cutting it. 

Yeah, this is probably the first time I've been so beat that I literally fell half asleep on the way home.  My forehead and scalp were badly sunburned and it was a long and exhausting day.  But it's always worth it, no doubt!  ;D

NikonGuy

Talking about sunburns... my whole face was bad lol... my face is hurting..  <laughing>  but it was worth it.    ;D
Fernando Sedeno
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF

Dragonskiss

Quote from: Kevin Joyce on August 10, 2009, 04:36:01 PM
It was nice to finally meet you guys. Here are some of my shots.

Quote from: Kevin Joyce on August 10, 2009, 04:38:34 PM
Some close up's of the pilots

Hey Kevin, it was a pleasure meeting you!  Thank you for answering all my questions and I already admire your uncanning ability to make me want to spend more money on lenses.  You better sleep with one eye open because I have my sights on that EF 600mm F/4L.....Uhhh, "Dream BIG, Duy!!!"  <rolf>

I love the close up shot of the pilot waving to us...some incredible detail.  I think that's the same one from my first photo.   ;)

NikonGuy

Fernando Sedeno
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview