News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Palmdale Plant 42 - PMD

Started by akradecki, May 22, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code20photog

Dragonskiss

Quote from: Code20photog on July 06, 2010, 10:43:37 PM
NASA 817 with literally the last seconds of daylight.

Seriously, if this thing had came in a minute later, it would've been canned.

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

f4_phantom_fan

"Stargazer" was out today......... ;D          Wyoming ANG Herc, too, but otherwise pretty quiet.

f4_phantom_fan

Some interesting U-2 shots today. The WR-coded Dragonlady came back this afternoon w the Senior Spur/Senior Span/ETP Pod on the spine.

sr-aeronut

Great stuff Brian!!  Iwas out at 5 and just missed the NASA Bird coming home-- seems he likes trying to be back by 5 sharp!!
You only live once so shoot twice

Code20photog

You know, when I was preparing for Paramedic school many years ago, I would ride out with my friend's squad in Bell. Busiest fire station west of the Mississippi. We once went 19 hours without a call. Curse of the ride-along.

Glad to see my luck with fire calls translates to my airplane watching as well. Duy and I were up there 8+ hours and saw 4 planes. The next day, the Orbital L-1011. The day after, the Seinor Span U2. Ugh.

aero-engineer

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on July 08, 2010, 04:30:39 PM
Some interesting U-2 shots today. The WR-coded Dragonlady came back this afternoon w the Senior Spur/Senior Span/ETP Pod on the spine.

Great catch.

Kevin
aero-engineer
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

nmcbride

Quote from: Code20photog on July 08, 2010, 09:41:15 PM
You know, when I was preparing for Paramedic school many years ago, I would ride out with my friend's squad in Bell. Busiest fire station west of the Mississippi. We once went 19 hours without a call. Curse of the ride-along.

Glad to see my luck with fire calls translates to my airplane watching as well. Duy and I were up there 8+ hours and saw 4 planes. The next day, the Orbital L-1011. The day after, the Seinor Span U2. Ugh.

I seem to have the same luck.   5 miles away and I seem to miss everything but the C130s.   :P

sr-aeronut

The problem I keep having like yesterday is that I want to leave but I know that if I do something will come by so I wait some more.... then more... then more-- sure enough the airplane gods know when I'm packed up and then they show up !  I think Jim has the best luck at 42 hands down ;D
You only live once so shoot twice

nmcbride

I usually get to the usual spots just in time to see the visiting planes fly off into the distance...

Midnight Mover

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on July 07, 2010, 03:29:31 PM
"Stargazer" was out today......... ;D          Wyoming ANG Herc, too, but otherwise pretty quiet.

<rocker>

SkyBaby

Anyone know if the 747-8 is still there?  I haven't been down in a month or so. 
Equipment:  Canon EOS 50D; 28-135mm IS 3.5-5.6  Saving up for the Canon 100-400L. 

Wildlife and aviation photographer.

My Facebook photography page. If you like what you see, give me page a thumbs up! I promise not to flood your news feeds. :D
https://www.facebook.com/PhotographybyKiraAndreola

My flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skys_flickr/

f4_phantom_fan

Braved the 110 degree heat for a couple of hours today, all I saw was one Herc doing its thing. Did see TWO of the 747-8s on the ground. 

SkyBaby

Quote from: f4_phantom_fan on July 14, 2010, 10:20:24 PM
Braved the 110 degree heat for a couple of hours today, all I saw was one Herc doing its thing. Did see TWO of the 747-8s on the ground. 

Yay!  So I haven't missed them.  It's bet it's darn hot out there.  Where I am (Tehachapi), it's only about 80s.  The hottest it's been so far this season is low-mid 90s.  I grew up in the desert though, so I'm used to heat.  Just give me some cold water and AC and I'm good. :D 
Equipment:  Canon EOS 50D; 28-135mm IS 3.5-5.6  Saving up for the Canon 100-400L. 

Wildlife and aviation photographer.

My Facebook photography page. If you like what you see, give me page a thumbs up! I promise not to flood your news feeds. :D
https://www.facebook.com/PhotographybyKiraAndreola

My flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skys_flickr/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview