News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Palmdale Plant 42 - PMD

Started by akradecki, May 22, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code20photog

Quote from: kick Z tail out on September 23, 2010, 06:28:33 AM
My uncle used to ride that thing.  <laughing> He was a manager of one of the teams in the Shuttle SME division of Rocketdyne. Went to all the launches at the Cape. He's now in charge of several teams and mentioned inviting me up to Vandenburg for a launch, which I hope to take him up on one of these days.

Definitely go! I got to cover a launch a few years ago, we were still 2 miles away, but it's something few people get to witness up close.

kick Z tail out

Quote from: Code20photog on September 23, 2010, 10:49:30 AM
Definitely go! I got to cover a launch a few years ago, we were still 2 miles away, but it's something few people get to witness up close.
I really hope to... whats awkward now is I haven't talked to him in over a year... I have to figure out how I'm going to call and say "Hey uncle, hows it going? How is everything? By the way, take me to a launch"  <laughing>

;D Really won't be that hard, I've just been busy and he's been really busy, now has both a home in Denver and Mission Viejo since he's getting ready to retire in the next few years. So we haven't had the family BBQ at his place that we usually have. Haven't seen him since the last time we talked on the phone.
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

sr-aeronut

You only live once so shoot twice

gfydad

By gosh Michael, that was worth the climb!  <thumbsup>

Only thing besides the Edwards' Aero Club Cessna was a pair of the usual Northrop Grumman's 1900Ds. Not one other thing before I gave it up at 6pm.  <moron>

sr-aeronut

I 'm pretty out of shape-- climbing to the top of that old MD-11-80 ?? structure was torture but I'm glad I did

akradecki

Quote from: sr-aeronut on September 25, 2010, 12:20:12 PM
I 'm pretty out of shape-- climbing to the top of that old MD-11-80 ?? structure was torture but I'm glad I did
Yeah, I felt it the next day. Still haven't looked at the video.
Alan
Mojave Skies blog: http://mojaveskies.blogspot.com

sr-aeronut

kick Z tail out

Badass! Did you guys make special arraingments for this? (obviously)
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

SkyBaby

Those are some awesome pictures!!  How did you work this out? 
Equipment:  Canon EOS 50D; 28-135mm IS 3.5-5.6  Saving up for the Canon 100-400L. 

Wildlife and aviation photographer.

My Facebook photography page. If you like what you see, give me page a thumbs up! I promise not to flood your news feeds. :D
https://www.facebook.com/PhotographybyKiraAndreola

My flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skys_flickr/

sr-aeronut

It was a last minute talk to the pilots to let them know where we would be and they did the rest. BTW  does anyone know where these guys are from or contact info -- I would like to forward these to them, Thanx

Realbigtaco

Quote from: sr-aeronut on September 29, 2010, 06:33:56 AM
It was a last minute talk to the pilots to let them know where we would be and they did the rest. BTW  does anyone know where these guys are from or contact info -- I would like to forward these to them, Thanx
HMM-764 is based out of Edwards AFB, the website, which the link doesn't seem to work, is http://www.mfr.usmc.mil/4thmaw/mag46/DetB/HMM764/Default.htm

sr-aeronut

Thanks Chris-- I'll try and get the shots over to them

WARBIRD KEITH

I have a contact for you, I know one of the pilots in that squadron! I will send you a PM :)

sr-aeronut

robin990

NICE 46 SHOTS......ALWAYS NICE TO GET A DIFFERENT ANGLE.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview