News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Nellis Air Show 2009

Started by Midnight Mover, January 24, 2009, 12:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Midnight Mover

rander

The Aviation Nation Air Show typically closes out the air show season.
            <tcat>
      <tcat>    <tcat>
            <tcat>
Memberships www.apsocal.com
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org
                  USS Midway Museum Volunteer

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

Midnight Mover

Quote from: rander on January 25, 2009, 02:42:01 PM
The Aviation Nation Air Show typically closes out the air show season.
            <tcat>
      <tcat>    <tcat>
            <tcat>

Always fun to go to the last one of the season. And who can resist, its Vegas <cheers>

f4_phantom_fan

Realbigtaco

going to be my first year at Aviation Nation, i'm all jacked up!!

Was reading on the AirForce web site, and it says scanner's aren't allowed...anyone know more about this? ???

phantomphan1974

Quote from: Realbigtaco on September 24, 2009, 07:20:41 AM
going to be my first year at Aviation Nation, i'm all jacked up!!

Was reading on the AirForce web site, and it says scanner's aren't allowed...anyone know more about this? ???
Wow!, that is surprising!.  FYI it will take a while to get out of there.  When I went in 2006 Dave Budd and I tried to walk back but they said it was illegal and were ticketing people.  Buses only.  The lines for the buses were like a mile long.  Try and park in the lot on Vegas Blvd as opposed to the one off the 15 fwy.  I think its smaller and not the main one.  Its a great show!
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Realbigtaco

Quote from: phantomphan1974 on September 24, 2009, 10:12:43 AM
Wow!, that is surprising!.  FYI it will take a while to get out of there.  When I went in 2006 Dave Budd and I tried to walk back but they said it was illegal and were ticketing people.  Buses only.  The lines for the buses were like a mile long.  Try and park in the lot on Vegas Blvd as opposed to the one off the 15 fwy.  I think its smaller and not the main one.  Its a great show!

Thanks good to know!  I read that somewhere on ASB too.  The event coordinator for the show (Chuck Ramsy) is on ASB a lot answering everyone's questions, and he said that they switched up the buses to where that didn't matter anymore.  but i guess it still couldn't hurt to go up Vegas Blvd.

phantomphan1974

Quote from: desert rat on September 24, 2009, 01:13:23 PM
Well, never tried walking back to parking area, but I usually stick around a bit and shoot statics as the crowds thin.  Everyone runs for the exits after the T-Birds are done.  I have never had a problem leaving the place in the past two years...

When I went it got Dark FAST.  It was dark when we left and we slowly worked our way back but the T-birds were not last.  QF-4 landed as the sun was setting. 
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Midnight Mover

h00t74

Obviously I'll be there, Any one up for getting some beers one night after??

Code20photog

Went last year, and was a bit disappointed when the V-22 was grounded a few days beforehand and the Predator never showed, but am planning on going again this year. Wished the aggressor birds would fly, that's one thing that's unique to Nellis.

The line for the buses are brutal at the end. I was heading out before the T-birds finished, and still it was like Disneyland at Christmas.

Another backlit show for the most part. This is what I was able to do last year

http://www.flickr.com/photos/code20photog/sets/72157608805129554/

Anyone else thinking of flying in to McCarren and want to split a cab? I dunno if I can do that drive again, I've pushed my luck the past 4 times with no speeding ticket, my number's gotta come up soon. (Made it Torrance to the Strip in exactly three hours once last year. Don't ask how fast I was going  >:D )

kick Z tail out

What lens did you use last year? Shots look great.
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Code20photog

The flying stuff is my Tamron 200-500. It's since been dropped and repaired, and I haven't had much chance to test it out. Looking at maybe picking up the Canon 100-400

Midnight Mover

g0_command0

anyone from orange county planning to do a day trip?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview