News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Miramar Air Show 2009

Started by Midnight Mover, January 24, 2009, 12:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Realbigtaco on October 08, 2009, 07:57:50 AM
You know i was wondering about this.  After talking to you an Jim (I think Jim said he had over 220 gb, may be wrong) about how much data you guys get, what do you do with it all?  I mean my external storage is only 320 gb, and DVD disc only hold what 4-8 gb. ???

The photos sit on very large HD until needed for me. My internal and externals are 1.5TB each. I am hoping black Friday will net some 2TB drives for less than $150. Each. But I am always running out of room. And DVDs forget them, not large enough.

gfydad

DaFalcon

Did anyone else notice the lucky guy in the backseat of #7 on Friday?

How about some Patriots?

I haven't seen much Viper West posted so here is one.

I like how the Blue Angels are going in all directions with a bit of vapor on each.

Moody lighting on this solo Golden Knight.

Afterburner takeoff, 1/6th second at 3200 ISO.

Night landing, 1/8th second at 6400 ISO.  I can't believe I panned so linearly.  :o  Checkout that 10 runway marker!  <rocker>

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Realbigtaco on October 08, 2009, 08:05:43 AM
Ok i finally got around to shooting RAW this past weekend, and good lord what a difference it made.  My Jpeg picture was boring and then the post processed picture looks a million times better.  Although i'm sure i am preaching to the choir here but i might need to start shooting RAW all the time now.

Yes, it's a great way to shoot. The pix look great ;)

Code20photog

Quote from: Midnight Mover on October 08, 2009, 08:59:57 PM
The photos sit on very large HD until needed for me. My internal and externals are 1.5TB each. I am hoping black Friday will net some 2TB drives for less than $150. Each. But I am always running out of room. And DVDs forget them, not large enough.

I always try to double back up my stuff. Although the DVDs don't hold much, I like to burn all my stuff, and then keep them in a fire proof safe at my parent's house. That way, if my apartment burns down, and I loose my external hard drives, I have them at my parent's place as well, or vice versa.

Midnight Mover

Quote from: warbirdfotos on October 08, 2009, 03:59:42 PM
Great to see you again Robert, not a great day for shooting, horrid lighting out there, typical SoCal show position. Sorry i didnt make it to section 2, when do you go to Edwards? I may see you there, none of my other buddies are going. Cant make Nellis, after Edwards it might be Cable before i shoot any airplanes, gotta take the 100-400mm in for service, the zoom barrel gets stuck once in a while :P

Havent gone thru my shots from Sunday yet (havent started processing Reno yet =P), here are a couple quickies. BTW, the whole reason i shot from the east end, can be summed up by the third shot posted below.....WOW!!!

I'll give you a shout this week, L8R

Sounds great. If the media is for real at Edwards I will be there Friday. Saturday for sure. Set up at the taxi way point to get all those great shots.

DaFalcon

Oh and here is one more of that beautiful 1939 Lockheed 12A Electra Jr..  

I can't get enough of that polished skin and the sunset!   ;D

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Code20photog on October 08, 2009, 10:43:02 PM
I always try to double back up my stuff. Although the DVDs don't hold much, I like to burn all my stuff, and then keep them in a fire proof safe at my parent's house. That way, if my apartment burns down, and I loose my external hard drives, I have them at my parent's place as well, or vice versa.

Me too, backed up 4 times over. Firefiles and stored off site ;) Fire is bad for hard drives >:D

Midnight Mover

Quote from: DaFalcon on October 08, 2009, 10:44:44 PM
Oh and here is one more of that beautiful 1939 Lockheed 12A Electra Jr..  

I can't get enough of that polished skin and the sunset!   ;D

Love those shots ;)

aero-engineer

Quote from: DaFalcon on October 08, 2009, 10:38:00 PM
Did anyone else notice the lucky guy in the backseat of #7 on Friday?

Yes, I was wondering when someone would catch that.

Take a look at the formation shots - he was doing some air-to-air also.

Kevin
aero-engineer
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

aero-engineer

I guess I should post one shot.

I know it pails to others, but I have over 1700 shots I'm still going through.

The lighting lent to nice artsy stuff.

Kevin
aero-engineer
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

Midnight Mover

Quote from: aero-engineer on October 08, 2009, 11:07:40 PM
I guess I should post one shot.

I know it pails to others, but I have over 1700 shots I'm still going through.

Kevin
aero-engineer

Looks great ;D

kick Z tail out

Quote from: gfydad on October 09, 2009, 08:36:58 AM
After MAGTF
Wow, last minute correction? :D Killer shot. Not your average run of the mill Herc on final.  8)
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

gfydad

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview