News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Miramar Air Show 2009

Started by Midnight Mover, January 24, 2009, 12:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

h00t74

Hey Guys, I will be driving out Thursday night and be there for the entire weekend. Luckily, got a buisness trip for Monday so 1/2 my cost are cut by work. I will be out almost daily :)

By the way, Any carriers currently in port? Loved to get some shots of those for my website.

phantomphan1974

I will have the decals(both styles) with me so call me 310-528-2704
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

JWright

Quote from: Realbigtaco on September 24, 2009, 07:17:45 AM
This is the year we get a cloud-free airshow.

I look at Intellicast (Has a 10-day forcast) and there looks to be know rain or chance on the horizon...Then again it is still 9 days out.

I gave up on Intellicast recently.  I found their forecasts for San Diego to be grossly inaccurate.  I get better results out of Weather Bug, and real-time conditions reporting from a station two miles away.

Kevin Joyce

I'm heading down Thursday after work, so i will see you guys there.
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 USM
Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 50mm  1:2.5 Macro
Canon EF 100-400mm  1:4.5-5.6 L IS
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

Midnight Mover

Quote from: g0_command0 on September 28, 2009, 09:54:01 AM
anyone planing to be there from open to close friday? i think i will be. I wanna shoot some statics

Yep ;D

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Kevin Joyce on September 28, 2009, 04:27:02 PM
I'm heading down Thursday after work, so i will see you guys there.

I'll be heading out Friday morning about 3:30AM >:D

Code20photog

Appears I don't have to cover the morning shift, so will likely be there Friday, but no way I'm leaving at 3:30am.  ;D Been doing that a few days at work, and I am D U N done!

kick Z tail out

To anyone that has multiple tickets for a chalet... care to lend me your extra preferred parking pass? I usually get a chalet seat which nets me the preferred parking lot, but this year they're all sold out and I can't afford the chalets. I don't want to park on the 15 freeway though.  :-X

Willing to Paypal a few bucks for one :)
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

gfydad

Well, take your pick, Weather Underground says 80% of sun on Sunday while Weather Channel lists 100% for Sunday.  :D

g0_command0

anyone have troubles in that past with backpacks? i was thinking about carrying in my school backpack (g0 doesnt have a camera backpack =(  )

Sparkvark

Quote from: gfydad on September 30, 2009, 03:46:36 PM
Well, take your pick, Weather Underground says 80% of sun on Sunday while Weather Channel lists 100% for Sunday.  :D

I'll take either for this show.  ;) I don't think I've ever seen the sun at Miramar.

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Sparkvark on September 30, 2009, 06:39:20 PM
I don't think I've ever seen the sun at Miramar.

You must go more days, and then the sun shall shine upon you <laughing> It's hit and miss. You just never know what you will get.

I'm bringing rain gear >:D

phantomphan1974

Quote from: g0_command0 on September 30, 2009, 05:45:06 PM
anyone have troubles in that past with backpacks? i was thinking about carrying in my school backpack (g0 doesnt have a camera backpack =(  )

Well I have brought my large camera back but the whole back of it or front whatever opens up but here is the official info per website.
QuoteProhibited items     

The following items will not be permitted on the flight line and are subject to confiscation:
• Weapons (regardless of permit) including firearms, knives (including pocket knives
   and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray or stun guns
• Alcoholic beverages, unless purchased from approved vendors
• Ice chests or coolers larger than 2 gallons
• Pets, other than service animals
• Glass containers
• Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, scooters or skateboards
• Backpacks/Bags larger than 8 1/2 x 11 inches (standard backpacks)

Permitted items    

The following items are permitted on the flight line. All permitted items will be inspected prior to admission to the flight line. It is strongly recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce access time into the flight line area.
• Children's wagons (non-motorized)
• Small or medium (hand carried) ice chests or coolers (No crushed ice, ice packs only)
• Standard backpacks
• PCS/cellular phones, pagers and FRS transceivers
• Handheld portable televisions, radios and VHF scanners
• Fanny packs and purses, or bags 8 1/2 x 11 inches or smaller
• Food and beverages (non-alcoholic)
• Cameras and camcorders
• Folding chairs and lawn chairs
• Umbrellas
• Wheelchairs
• Baby diaper bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child (Stroller
   parking is available in a designated area behind the grandstands. Strollers are not
   permitted in the grandstand seating area.)
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

gfydad

f4_phantom_fan

Looks like I'm gonna miss this one due to illness. Gotta make a decision sometime today, I'll be putting up my grandstand seat tickets soon if I have to bail.

But anyways, is anyone planning to videotape any of the day shows as well as the night show? (or at least entire Snowbirds show, MAGTF, Blue Angels, and night show fireworks/wall of fire). Would like to get a copy from you if you are.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview