News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Miramar Air Show 2009

Started by Midnight Mover, January 24, 2009, 12:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

aim9xray

Rain is not showing in the forecast I'm looking at...  Low pressure front is moving in next week.

Realbigtaco

This is the year we get a cloud-free airshow.

I look at Intellicast (Has a 10-day forcast) and there looks to be know rain or chance on the horizon...Then again it is still 9 days out.

Josh

Quote from: Realbigtaco on September 24, 2009, 07:17:45 AM
This is the year we get a cloud-free airshow.

I look at Intellicast (Has a 10-day forcast) and there looks to be know rain or chance on the horizon...Then again it is still 9 days out.

...Well, don't be surprised if it does anyway, weather has a tradition to uphold.

Realbigtaco

Quote from: Josh on September 24, 2009, 07:23:11 AM
...Well, don't be surprised if it does anyway, weather has a tradition to uphold.
I know...part of me is fighting the urge to even saying anything and not jinx it.  I was simply making the observation that for the first time in a while the 10 day forcast says nothing of clouds/rain.

OK, now i will shut up about the weather!

Code20photog

I can remember when the show was in August and it was routinely 120 degrees plus reflecting off the tarmac.

rander

I spent 17 Years assigned to squadrons ( VF-2, VF-114, VF-124)at Miramar. I know full well how how hot the tarmac at Miramar gets in august and even into september. It seems that the only time you see clouds in august is when the air show is at Miramar in august. THe only time you see rain in October is when the Miramar Air Show is in October.
Memberships www.apsocal.com
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org
                  USS Midway Museum Volunteer

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

f4_phantom_fan

Showers now being predicted for Sat, Fri allegedly sunny. Guess it depends on who's weather forecast you look at.

Local Alerts for San Diego, CA
Special Weather Statement      [State warnings for CA]     

Travel: Vacation Travel > Vacation Planner Forecast > 6-10 Day Weather for San Diego, CA 

Yesterday Today Tomorrow Radar Map Hour-by-Hour Weekend 10-Day Month

6-10 Day Forecast for
San Diego, CA     

Friday
Oct 02
Sunny
High 74°F
Low 63°F
Precip 0 %
Top 10 Boardwalks   

Saturday
Oct 03
Showers
High 72°F
Low 63°F
Precip 40 %

aero-engineer

Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

g0_command0

just to warn you guys, ive never been to miramar on a sunny day!!!

so what does that mean if i go and its sunny?
-probably the end of the world is here

Midnight Mover

Midnight Mover

Quote from: g0_command0 on September 25, 2009, 08:24:04 AM
just to warn you guys, ive never been to miramar on a sunny day!!!

-probably the end of the world is here
<rolf>

KSBDphoto

aim9xray

Quote from: g0_command0 on September 25, 2009, 08:24:04 AM

Legend speaks of these odd lighting effects called shadows and highlights and apertures of f11 or f16.  Shooting the flybys will mean dealing with glare and this slowly moving extremely bright point light source called the sun.  With this illumination, Marine Corps aircraft could appear to have something called color (other than red from leaking hydraulic fluid).  (Shocking, I know, but that is what has been handed down from wise man to wise man since airshow immemorial.)  It is also written that this "color" is something related to Hi-Viz, but this was probably written when the Great Yellow God of Rochester produced some translucent analog media called Kodachrome (and exaggeration with each retelling is to be expected). 

There is more to be told of the old legends from the misty dawn of time (such as when the Tomcat roared at Miramar and Uncle Sam's Misbegotten Children were but guests at Fightertown USA), but it is late and that is all for tonight's bedtime story, young Padawan.

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

aim9xray

No backtalk at bedtime - or you'll be out looking for 30 yards of flightline and two gallons of Microdol-X - and pondering the illogic of reciprocity success at the crack of dawn!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview