News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Fullerton Airport Day 2008

Started by GTagami, August 21, 2008, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Midnight Mover

phantomphan1974

http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/airport/airport_day.asp

When: Saturday, Sept. 13, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Where: Fullerton Municipal Airport (4011 W. Commonwealth Ave.)

Admission: Free

Parking: Because of the large crowd anticipated for the show, visitors are advised to park their cars in the lot on Commonwealth Avenue.

View Flyer

Displays of vintage aircraft, plus an appearance by Commander Chuck Street, air traffic reporter for both television station KTLA and radio station KIIS, are just some of the attractions planned for the day.

There will also be aviation-related displays and booths, and the Fullerton Chapter of the Ninety-Nines, a women pilots organization, will be offering plane rides for a fee.

Food vendors will sell refreshments throughout "Airport Day," and the airport restaurant, Tartuffle's, will also be open.

Visitors are cautioned not to cross or walk on the runways.

Further information about the air show may be obtained by calling Fullerton Municipal Airport at (714) 738-6323.

Persons requiring special accommodations to attend the event are asked to contact the airport prior to Sept. 13.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Airport Day" is celebrated every two years. It's designed to showcase the Airport and the important role it plays in providing service not only to Fullerton, but to all of North Orange County. In keeping with this goal, the Orange County Fire Authority, the Anaheim Police Department and the California Highway Patrol will open their air operations hangars at the airport for tours.

The last strictly general aviation airfield still operating in Orange County, Fullerton Municipal Airport can trace its origins back as early as 1913 when barnstormers and crop dusters used the then-vacant site as a makeshift landing strip.The airport's "official" birthday is 1927:That's the year the Fullerton City Council signed Ordinance 514, which formally established the airport.

Other organizations that participate include airport businesses, the Fullerton Airport Pilots Association, the Civil Air Patrol, the Aero Squadron Reserve, the Fullerton Radio Club, the Fullerton Public Library, and the Fullerton Police and Fire departments.

Fullerton Municipal Airport is located at 4011 W. Commonwealth Ave., west of Magnolia Avenue and north of the Riverside Freeway, in Fullerton.

Thanks Glen for the heads up!
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

phantomphan1974

My Dad and I are going for a while.  Anyone else?  Glen??
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

GTagami

Quote from: phantomphan1974 on September 10, 2008, 09:14:10 PM
My Dad and I are going for a while.  Anyone else?  Glen??

I'll be there. I live just a minute away so I'll probably be out there early trying to get some of the arrivals. If you can't find parking along Commonwealth there is a business park (Trico) on the corner of Dale and Artesia where you can park. It's owned by my wife's family so it's all good. It will be interesting to get into the CHP, OCFA, and Anaheim PD hangers since they normally have those things locked up tight.

G
Canon stuff.

phantomphan1974

Quote from: GTagami on September 11, 2008, 02:57:14 PM
I'll be there. I live just a minute away so I'll probably be out there early trying to get some of the arrivals. If you can't find parking along Commonwealth there is a business park (Trico) on the corner of Dale and Artesia where you can park. It's owned by my wife's family so it's all good. It will be interesting to get into the CHP, OCFA, and Anaheim PD hangers since they normally have those things locked up tight.

G
Cool, will call you when we get there.  Any info or time on arrivals Glen?  Or are most based there?
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

phantomphan1974

Nice to see you Glen and meet your cute daughter.  Looking fwd to our see our pictures.
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

GTagami

Quote from: phantomphan1974 on September 13, 2008, 04:58:20 PM
Nice to see you Glen and meet your cute daughter.  Looking fwd to our see our pictures.

Likewise. I stayed for almost the whole thing. Kayli was getting a kick out of waving to every aircraft that arrived and departed. It turned out to be a pretty good show. Photos coming soon.

G
Canon stuff.

GTagami

The first from the morning.
Canon stuff.

GTagami

Biplanes...
Canon stuff.

GTagami

Cirrus SR22 Generation 3 Turbo
Canon stuff.

GTagami

Canon stuff.

phantomphan1974

Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

phantomphan1974

Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

phantomphan1974

Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview