News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Does anyone use this combo?

Started by eightball, April 09, 2015, 03:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eightball

Well my wife bought me the Canon 5D MkIII for my birthday, just getting use to the new button arrangement from the 70D.

Question I was thinking of getting the Canon Extender EF 1.4X III to use with my 100-400 push pull lens. Does anyone use this set up: 5D MKIII + Canon Extender EF 1.4X III + Canon 100-400 lens. If so do you like it and is it worth getting the extender ?

I just read about the Firmware upgrade for the 5D MKIII to version 1.3.3 and it is suppose to allow cross-type autofocusing with the center AF point when the maximum aperture becomes as small as f/8. The information show compatible with the 100-400.

samophoto

I have used the 5DIII with 100 - 400 & a 1.4II teleconverter; it will auto focus at f8 using the center point, but very slowly.  I have some very good shots, but more misses then hits.  Suggest you try to rent one for a day and give it a try.
I had better success with the lens and teleconverter with my old EOS 1V (film), knowing what I know now i probably would not invest in the teleconverter.

eightball

Thanks for the info.Sam, it dounds like a good idea to rent before buy, thanks.

Midnight Mover

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview