News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Ramona Airport Open House 2013

Started by DKuhlow, August 31, 2013, 11:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

DKuhlow

Just found out about this today. Ramona Airport is hosting an open house September 7th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Here's a link:

http://www.countynewscenter.com/events/ramona-airport-open-house

Although nothing has been resolved concerning the federal government's plan to close its air traffic control tower, Ramona Airport's entertaining open house remains on the beam.

On Sept. 7, starting with the traditional pancake breakfast at 8 a.m., families again will enjoy a full day, with a variety of aircraft, demonstrations, a truck and classic car show and even a tour of the tower.

Airport manager George Watson said the emphasis is on warbirds from World War II.

"Some of these planes, like a Mustang and AT-6 trainer, will come from Gillespie Field, and we expect a couple T-34 trainers from March Air Force Base," he said. "Of course, we'll have our firefighting air tankers, the
Classic Rotors helicopter museum and 'Big Jimmy,' the 1939 GMC fire truck."

He said Smokey Bear will be back to entertain the children.

My Photobucket Albums

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v660/RescueKUjo/
------------------------------------------------------------------

Realbigtaco

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Realbigtaco

This use to be a really cool little airshow, which included one year a full A-10 Demo, and another a Legacy hornet Demo.  The year the Hornet was there was awesome, they actually had to back everyone up 150 yards per FAA requirements.  Just goes to show how times have changed, when a small back country airshow with five thousand people could get a TAC demo, but now the Super Bowl couldn't even get a fly over.

I thought I heard that the military demos were one of the reasons they were shut down.  To many people complaining about the noise.

phantomphan1974

Quote from: Realbigtaco on September 03, 2013, 04:10:18 PM
This use to be a really cool little airshow, which included one year a full A-10 Demo, and another a Legacy hornet Demo.  The year the Hornet was there was awesome, they actually had to back everyone up 150 yards per FAA requirements.  Just goes to show how times have changed, when a small back country airshow with five thousand people could get a TAC demo, but now the Super Bowl couldn't even get a fly over.

I thought I heard that the military demos were one of the reasons they were shut down.  To many people complaining about the noise.
Sounds like the air fairs at Torrance when the Hornet would do arrested landing for static display.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Kevin Joyce

A couple shots from the open house.
Canon 5D
Canon 70D
Canon 7D MKII

Canon EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 USM
Canon Ef 17-40
Canon EF 50mm  1:2.5 Macro
Canon EF 100-400mm  1:4.5-5.6 L IS
Canon EF 500mm F4L IS
Canon Extender 1.4 II

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview