El Toro (KNZJ) Anniversary Airshow July 9th @ MCAS El Toro

Started by ironfly28, June 05, 2011, 08:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

ironfly28

Hey Everybody, It's that Time of Year again.  The El Toro Airshow is happening July 9th 2011 from 3pm-9pm.  Last year was alot of fun and some of you managed to get some great shots. This year promises to be bigger come early!  any questions please e-mail me ironfly28@yahoo.com

Also remember IT"S FREE!

Mcas el toro
Anniversary
  Air show
Saturday July 9th 2011
3pm-10pm

Featuring a dogfight between a Grumman F6F and a Mitsubishi Zero
Aerobatics By WWII Marine SNJ-5 Trainer "Wardog"
Wing walking by Silver Wings
Fly over from March Aero Club's "Eagle Flight"
Air Force Predator display
Parachute Exhibition and much more....

Many Static display aircraft and military vehicles. Special exhibits by the United States Marine Corps, Commemorative Air Force, Museum of World Wars, and Many more.

Exit   Sand  Canyon Ave. East bound from Interstate 5 or 405. Turn South on Marine Way and follow signs. Admission is FREE parking is FREE

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

ironfly28

Last year was alot of fun...This year we have much more planned. Hope to see some great pics!

ironfly28

We now have official confirmation that the California Air National guard will be in attendance with a predator on Static display and the Pacific Battleship Center will be in attendance with The Shells from the U.S.S. I owa and MAY have an announcement for us!!!!

ironfly28

ironfly28

Regardless of your thoughts on the Great Park, The airshow is put on by Former Marines and Airmen who are actually doing something to keep some resemblence of an air field there and they work very hard to do it. Due to a late June gloom last year alot of static display aircraft were socked in at their homes and couldn't make attendance, but we still had some great aerial acts fly flawless shows until sundown. we also Had the Marines come out with a howitzer and some guys from Chino bring a tank and half track.  A slew of other military vehicles were in attendance as well. Last year was only the second year for this show and many of you came out got some great shots and were able meet up with friends and talk directly to the pilots.   This year it promises to be bigger, It takes alot to put on a show of any size. last year it was done by just three volunteers. This year the vounteer staff is double!! (hahaha)

Aside from the acts that will be returning from last year we've added two more performances that are too big and fast to land.Also the Museums own aircraft will be participating in the flyby.as well as another formation flying team. The air force will be there with a predator drone and a couple of chase planes, and the Marines will be out again too.  If weather holds out the static display corridor will be packed. There will also be some other local museums set up with activities and displays of their own. I'd recommend coming out early Last year we had 25,000 spectators and this year the advertising has been far more aggressive...If you'd like to come out and get the best seats in the house to shoot then please message me and we can make that happen.  don't forget, this show is FREE!!!!

ironfly28

aero-engineer

For those of us who have not come home to MCAS El Toro yet, is there a graphic showing where the show and flightline will be?

Kevin
aero-engineer

First *real* airshow - 1991 El Toro!
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

aero-engineer

Concise Schedule from articles:

4:05 p.m. F-18
4:20 p.m. Just in Time Skydivers
4:35 p.m. Bi-plane aerobatics
5:20 p.m. Camarillo CAF F6F Hellcat and Japanese Zero Dogfight
5:35 p.m. Silverwings Wingwalkers
5:55 p.m. Doug Jardine Sukhoi 26 MX aerobatics
6:20 p.m. Silverwings Wingwalkers
6:35 p.m. John Collver SNJ "Wardog 17" aerobatics
6:50 p.m. Silverwings Wingwalkers
7:05 p.m. Just in Time Skydivers
9:10 p.m. Fireworks show finale

There will be a special Great Park entrance for this event: Take Jeffrey Road exit from either the 5 or 405 Freeway and turn right on Trabuco.

Growing the Park features five themed areas for visitors to enjoy, each representing an aspect of the Great Park: The Back Forty, The Runway, Sky's the Limit, Great Park Gallery, and The Outfield.

-The Runway: Military & Aviation, Technology & the Future – Presents military history.  Includes vintage aircraft and military vehicle displays, aerial entertainment and more.
-Sky's the Limit: – Represents the future of the Great Park.  Includes Kids Rock playground, open play area and viewing area of aerial entertainment.
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

GTagami

Quote from: ironfly28 on July 04, 2011, 05:19:10 PM

Aside from the acts that will be returning from last year we've added two more performances that are too big and fast to land.

I'm guessing one is the F-18. What's the other?
Canon stuff.

ironfly28

okay we had LOTS of Statics show up today. the Schedule has changed a bit the downside is we are not sure if the F-18 will be in the zone we were told there are maintenance issues but the bright side is that we have an extra aerobatic act that will blow your socks off and 3 flying acts that were lat minute add ons........the flight schedule will be pretty much non stop for 3 straight hours.

phantomphan1974

Executive Sweet and another bird on way now.  Retro Dolphin there as well.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

nmcbride

I was out at Camarillo today an Executive Sweet landed there around 4:30ish.    I was inside the museum and she taxiied back to her parking spot behind a C47 before I could get any shots.

Not sure what happend.

GTagami

It was a fantastic show with a lot of military and civilian statics. The flying performances were first-rate!

Mitsubishi A6M Zero by GTagami
Canon stuff.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview