F-100F Super Sabre: PlAnE cRaZy SaTuRdAy, Mojave CA, Dec 18, 2010

Started by aero-engineer, December 03, 2010, 10:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

aero-engineer

Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

phantomphan1974

There are two already at Mojave that where once used by Tracor/BAE way back when.
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Spectre130

On another forum, there was a question regarding photography at Mojave for this event.  Will photography be allowed for this event?
you've never lived, until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, freedom has a special flavor the protected will never know.

TacAirPhoto.com/

garphoto.com

I called Cathy Hansen the director of the museium and she said "You can take all the pictures you want, we just parked it in front of the restaurant."

nmcbride

The only restrictions on photography at Mojave I am aware of are the Scaled Composite SpaceShip Two hangar, the test pilot school/Orbital L1011 area and BAE systems.

Never had an issue out on the tarmac at any Plane Crazy event.

Cathy posted up some pics of one of the Tracor F100's getting a scrub down on Facebook yesterday.   Seems like one of the planes that had been sitting out in the graveyard for a long long time.   Such a sad sight to see 2 F100's and a F86D sitting out there like that.

Last time I was there, I heard that  2 of the 3 Skywarriors that had been sitting have been scrapped.   The 3rd was still there in October, but it looked like it was in the process of being scrapped as well.   Damn shame they couldn't have gone somewhere for display.

Spectre130

you've never lived, until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, freedom has a special flavor the protected will never know.

TacAirPhoto.com/

nmcbride

I'll be there rain or shine.    Looks like a 50% chance of rain as of now.   :-\

How do I add myself to  "members attending" on the event list on the front page?

Midnight Mover

garphoto.com

So its not the rain thats keeping me away at this time, its the 19mph winds that are already blowing there at 6:30 in the morning. If the winds have already kicked up by the time I get there they will be far worse. So, I think, though I would really, really like to see the F-100, that I am not traveling today.

Current: Showers
Wind: SW at 19 mph
Humidity: 97%

Midnight Mover

Quote from: garphoto.com on December 18, 2010, 06:48:24 AM
So its not the rain thats keeping me away at this time, its the 19mph winds that are already blowing there at 6:30 in the morning. If the winds have already kicked up by the time I get there they will be far worse. So, I think, though I would really, really like to see the F-100, that I am not traveling today.

Current: Showers
Wind: SW at 19 mph
Humidity: 97%

:(  thinking the same thing ;)

nmcbride

The wind and the rain were pretty miserable.   Drive from Palmdale was dry until we hit Rosamond and then it downpoured on us for over an hour.

Snapped some pics in the cold blowing rain and then headed home.   Too much to ask the wife to endure since it was our wedding anniversary today.   ;D

Midnight Mover

Quote from: nmcbride on December 18, 2010, 07:50:33 PM
The wind and the rain were pretty miserable.   Drive from Palmdale was dry until we hit Rosamond and then it downpoured on us for over an hour.

Snapped some pics in the cold blowing rain and then headed home.   Too much to ask the wife to endure since it was our wedding anniversary today.   ;D

Ouch  :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview