News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

KLGB - Long Beach Airport

Started by Josh, January 01, 2008, 08:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code20photog

Not negative, but constructive.

I was nowhere near a computer on Tuesday. It's great Mary put it in the shout, but for the most part, most of us don't check the site repeatedly throughout the day.

Robert, the idea is, you don't have to make all the calls, and I wouldn't expect you to. But you call one guy, he calls another guy, at some point someone calls Keith and then we all know about it ;-).

Or the blanket text message system would be great.

WARBIRD KEITH

I was @ Van Nuys got a txt before they took off!  Anyway, at least somebody caught them, in good light too! ;)

Midnight Mover

On that note, who is going today to get shots of the B-29? Officially she comes in at 3:30 PM.

Midnight Mover

Quote from: Midnight Mover on November 10, 2010, 11:55:30 AM
On that note, who is going today to get shots of the B-29? Officially she comes in at 3:30 PM.

UPDATE from warbirdfotos, FIFI is at Midland TX for the night, so no arrival today  :'(

Wombat_1

TOPGUN
John R. Gibson
Member of: 
http://www.planesoffame.org
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Wombat_1/   
http://www.f-14association.com Member #0723  "Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real.'' -  Donald Douglas Snr.-

nmcbride

Quote from: Midnight Mover on November 10, 2010, 11:55:30 AM

Picked up my friend at LAX this morning, spotted and shot some pics and headed down to Long Beach only to find the shout that she wouldn't be coming in today.  :(   

Going back down Friday if they get her fixed and out to LB.

Saw the TWA DC2 and a Tigercat on the ramp.   Got some stares from the folks setting up and a couple of airport police so we didn't park and try to shoot anything today.

Code20photog

Quote from: nmcbride on November 11, 2010, 01:20:06 AM
Got some stares from the folks setting up and a couple of airport police so we didn't park and try to shoot anything today.

The airport police at Long Beach are usually pretty cool. Never had one single problem with them at any of the "usual" spots. I even parked in the middle of the road by Boeing, set up my ladder to get a shot of the AN-124 parked, and he just waved as he drove by.

g0_command0

I saw :

Fifi
2 x SNJ's
L-29 (racer)
Border Patrol heli(small white one with a blue band)
Coast Guard HH-65 (regular one not retro)
Tiger Cat

I forgot to ask what time FiFi came in but they said theyll be flying at 9 AM tmw

GTagami

Fifi landed just after 12 today. As of this afternoon she had only one flight scheduled for tomorrow at 9. The person I talked to said she'll probably fly on Sat. but didn't have any more details. I
Canon stuff.

Bruin85

Qatar Air Force C-17 arriving today around 12:30pm.  Sorry fo low quality only had a point and shoot when I was returning from lunch.

Diegos Aviacion

Canon 30D
Canon 40D
Canon BG-E2N
Canon 300mm L F/4 IS
Canon 70-200mm L USM F/4
Canon 75-300mm  USM III
Canon 50mm F/1.8
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon Power Shot SX110 IS

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=&airlinesearch=&countrysearch=&specialsearch=&keywords=Diego+Mancilla&sort_order=photo_id+desc&page_limit=15&daterange=&range=&thumbnails=&engine_version=6.0

GTagami

During AOPAA....
Canon stuff.

GTagami

AOPAA
Canon stuff.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview