News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

[POLL] Like The New Layout?

Started by Josh, August 25, 2009, 07:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robin990

IT DOES WORK WITH MY FIREFOX ?..........ONLY HALF THE HOMEPAGE DOWNLOADS.

Josh

Quote from: robin990 on August 25, 2009, 10:30:26 PM
IT DOES WORK WITH MY FIREFOX ?..........ONLY HALF THE HOMEPAGE DOWNLOADS.

Still having this problem? Sometimes it's a glitch with Firefox. I have it happen now and again on all websites, just gotta refresh and it works fine for me.

robin990

THE HOMEPAGE DOESNT DOWN LOAD COMPLETELY ON MY COMPUTER....EITHER FIREFOX OR IE.......WHATS UP ?

Josh

Quote from: robin990 on August 26, 2009, 10:41:40 PM
THE HOMEPAGE DOESNT DOWN LOAD COMPLETELY ON MY COMPUTER....EITHER FIREFOX OR IE.......WHATS UP ?

I dunno, haven't heard of this from anyone else yet. What versions are you running of both.

I will be reverting back to the old layout for the time being while I make changes.

NikonGuy

Quote from: Josh on August 27, 2009, 08:00:54 AM
I will be reverting back to the old layout for the time being while I make changes.
Yep, noticed that this morning.
Fernando Sedeno
Camera: Nikon D90 DSLR
Nikkor DX 18-55mm ED AF
Nikkor 70-300mm ED-IF AF-S VR
Member of... AOPA,PHPA, and ISAP.
www.flickr.com/photos/fernandosedeno
www.helispot.com/who/102247-Fernando+Sedeno/
www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=32801
www.flightaware.com/user/Nando08

robin990

The home page doesnt download anymore.....just the top bar....this sucks.

Why change things that work ?

GTagami

Hey Josh, I have a similar problem. The homepage will load only if I an not logged in. If I log in only the header and footer load.
Canon stuff.

Josh

Don't know whats up, the site is using the old system now, Nothing has changed. I can't do anything because mine is showing up fine.

Josh

Quote from: robin990 on August 28, 2009, 11:31:24 PM
Why change things that work ?

To make things work better, unfortunately sometimes it can be hit and miss. There's things behind the scenes that don't function to it's best. But right now the site is no different than from when you joined. I don't know why only half the front page loaded. Could be that the site had a large traffic hit at that time. Everything shows up fine for me.

Dragonskiss

Quote from: GTagami on August 28, 2009, 11:58:11 PM
Hey Josh, I have a similar problem. The homepage will load only if I an not logged in. If I log in only the header and footer load.

I have the same problem.  I just end up viewing the new topics as a guest, then log in from the current thread, then post.  Tried a couple of hard page refreshes, but no dice. 

Josh

Heh, should be working now. My dumbass didn't set access permissions under your new membergroups when I made that new board. <prog> <bleep>

I was really worried that I was gonna need to reinstall the site from scratch. :'(

robin990

Josh

Quote from: robin990 on August 29, 2009, 10:42:30 AM
Josh
Looks like everythings good.........thanks

Awesome. Now the real work begins... I REALLY hate IE. And IE8... god don't get me started on that.

I've figured out that for some reason Microsoft decided to not follow standards on how font sizes are rendered and that is why IE users are experiencing this LARGE FONT problem. Somewhere as I was coding the new version I broke the code that fixed this, and now I can't figure out where I broke it.

Dragonskiss

Yeah, seems like another good ol' gift from Microsoft.  Simple fix for the text would be to hold ctrl and scroll down/up, but that doesn't size up everything else proportionately. 

Microsoft = 0

Mozilla Firefox = Still kickin'  :D

kick Z tail out

Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview