USMC National Guard, Police Operation out of TOA NOW!!!

Started by phantomphan1974, July 25, 2007, 10:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantomphan1974

They are there now per my brother at Fleming in Lomita.  Flying over.  Not sure how much longer.  part of a joint agency operation.  Local, State, Federal and Military
Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

Josh

Yup, they are going to be there till around 5pm or so. I'm probably gonna head down there around 2ish.

phantomphan1974

I am going to try as well but about 4 if traffic is not too bad.  Wish I had the camera on me.  Have to stop home first.
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

phantomphan1974

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=750106  Linkt to news article

SOURCE: Homeland Security Group International

Jul 11, 2007 06:00 ET
Homeland Security Group International to Participate in Operation Golden Phoenix Multi-State Disaster Response Training Evolution
SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - July 11, 2007) - Homeland Security Group International (PINKSHEETS: HMSG) today announced its participation in Operation Golden Phoenix, a collaborative civil-military training evolution meant to address select disaster relief protocols and demonstrate military cooperation and communication capabilities. This unprecedented training event is designed to assess the synergy of tactical civil/military interactions while providing the unique opportunity to witness disaster relief request/approval process from inception to execution.

Hosted by the lead agencies Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles Fire Department and United States Marine Corps Marine Air Group 46, the training evolution will take place in Los Angeles, California and Phoenix, Arizona during August 16-26. Golden Phoenix will field test effective means of delivering life-saving humanitarian relief and rapidly deployable communications systems in the wake of major disasters.

The core site for Operation Golden Phoenix will be the operations center at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. The demonstration will assume the context of a major earthquake in the Southern California region, which is further complicated by a wave of cyber-attacks inflicted by terrorists that cripple critical local infrastructure and systems. Golden Phoenix team members will conduct field trials and demonstrations of solutions that address specific humanitarian relief challenges -- both technical and social -- that were not adequately mitigated in prior actual disaster relief efforts.

Throughout the exercise Homeland Security Group will man a 24 hour mobile command post consisting of satellite internet and cellular communications, interoperable tactical communication systems, portable and mobile stand-alone cellular sites, physical security coordination and logistical support and disaster response command and control.

"It is important that we participate in this evolution to demonstrate our ability to work side by side with civilian and military organizations during a real-world event," commented 1stSgt Mark Wilson USMC (ret), COO of HMSG. "The tools we bring to this scenario consist of cutting-edge technologies geared toward disaster response. We will also share lessons learned from our experience during disaster relief efforts in the wake of hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma,"

The following companies will fall under the Homeland Security Group umbrella for this training evolution: SmartCuff, IntellaQue, CamLite, MobID, videoNEXT, XO Armor. FedCommUSA, Protective Solutions Inc.

ABOUT HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP INTERNATIONAL

Homeland Security Group International (PINKSHEETS: HMSG), is a technology-based corporation based in north county San Diego. HMSG's mission is the development and commercialization of technology focused on providing increased security for both civilian and military personnel throughout the world. Under the leadership of Colonel Jeffrey A. Powers, USMC (Retired), HMSG has assembled a portfolio of technology and services through alliances with established defense-related companies and through internal development that is being brought to market in a cost-efficient and timely manner. The Company has an alliance with Recon Mountaineer, LLC, (an Oceanside, Calif.-based designer and manufacturer of military combat gear for the United States Armed Forces). The company has partnered with leading security firms to design and market surveillance systems for homeland defense security applications.

This press release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include risks and uncertainties that may cause the company's plans to change and are in no way intended to guarantee that the company will be successful in executing its plans. HMSG's common stock currently trades on the over-the-counter "Pink Sheets" under the symbol "HMSG." This press release in no way constitutes any recommendation regarding the securities of HMSG or its affiliates. Any person reading this press release is advised that this release should be considered in light of all facts and circumstances regarding the business and financial condition and prospects of HMSG, and no inference is made in this release contains all such information.

Homeland Security Group International
Colonel Jeffrey A. Powers
Toll free 800-544-7795
Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Josh

Sounds about right, I saw just about every LA County SWAT team out there coming off of the choppers, I'll have some photos up shortly, it was shhaaweeet. Note that the 5pm end time is dead, they are finished from what I understand.

2 CH-46s and 2 CH-53s are what I saw, but I heard there were a few Hueys along with an F-18 and Cobra cover.

Josh

Alrighty, heres the photos.

The two squadrons were HMM-764 Moonlight with the CH-46s and HMH-769 Titan with the CH-53s.

Josh

Heres the rest.

phantomphan1974

Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

phantomphan1974

Phantoms Phorever
F-4 Phantom II Society

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview