***NAF El Centro Airshow 2012 and prior Please Read!!!!***

Started by phantomphan1974, February 13, 2012, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

rammsteinmatt

Looked all over the site, when is the show supposed to start?  I would assume 9-10 like most shows...
D7000
D7000
17-55 f/2.8 AFS
70-200 f/2.8 AFS VR
200-400 f/4 AFS VR

BKrystall

Won't make it to El Centro this year. I heard that No warbirds will attend :(

phantomphan1974

Quote from: NAF El Centro PA Office on March 01, 2012, 03:18:23 PM
***Reminder****
Wednesday, March 7th through Saturday, March 10th, photography of NAF El Centro at the hay bales will be prohibited and strictly enforced by the Imperial County Sheriff's Department.  The aerobatic box must be sterile from March 7 - March 10 (inclusive) and in order to accomplish that, the hay bales (which lie inside the box) must be closed.  We appreciate your support in not shooting from the hay bales at Silsbee and Aten Roads as any incursion into this area will immediately shut down our practices/show.

We have a great relationship with the aviation photography community and hope that you will assist us in this endeavor to allow us to prepare for and present a great air show.

V/r -
El Centro Public Affairs Office

Damon Duran-Phantomphan1974 Photography (FB, IG, Twitter)
Phantoms Phorever
OCSD Air Support Unit-Photographer
F-4 Phantom II Society

DKuhlow

My Photobucket Albums

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v660/RescueKUjo/
------------------------------------------------------------------

No Angle

Quote from: DKuhlow on March 07, 2012, 12:50:17 AM
I will be there and Yuma also...

Well maybe we will figure out who is who. I will be waling around with my 7d and 400 5.6 with a digital camo lens coat.lol

BKrystall

I saw that on facebook that the Bearcat, Zero and Mustang are attending. Saving money for Riverside.

kick Z tail out

Lots of warbirds flew in last night, and I was only there for 2 hours. Military arrivals on 26, civilian arrivals were on 30.

I was puzzled to see that there were hordes of people at the hay bale spot as I arrived. The Blue Angels diamond was rolling as soon as I parked my truck. I kept my distance, in accordance with the very nice request from Michelle Dee on behalf of the base and parked near the corner of Aten and John W Fink. I noticed that apparently, ICSO never shut down the area as originally planned. Regardless, I trust every one of us and the members over at FC complied with the base request. :)

This show is a very good show. I agree with Chris, the schedule is light (through no fault of the awesome NAFEC staff) and that is a bummer. The wiping out of nearly the entire ACC demo program is very sad news for our air shows. But anyone that wants to go see an awesome show with good light should go!

EDIT: Just watched a video and saw that people were clear from centerline, but were still only about 25 yards off from either side of centerline. Interesting, far from being out of the area. I suppose kudos are in order for the nice approach towards the fans. Prior years we were made to completely leave the entire area and back off to Silisbee.
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

BKrystall

rander

Sorrry Guys Rander  miss EL Centro this year will be in Minnesota    Don't forget to adjust your clocks for Day Light Savings time starts March 11th 2012.  Will see the BA in Sioux Falls in july.
Memberships www.apsocal.com
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org
                  USS Midway Museum Volunteer

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

Realbigtaco

Quote from: kick Z tail out on March 10, 2012, 08:41:27 AM
I was puzzled to see that there were hordes of people at the hay bale spot as I arrived......
Rules?  We don't need no stinking rules!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a U-2 Spy Plane?:
How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview