Discussion Only-(CoNA) The Centennial Of Naval Aviation

Started by rander, December 06, 2010, 04:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

rander

The following According to what I have Heard. I posted This for the calander Entry on the February Calander.

The Naval Aviation Centennial events should start on the 10 of February 2011 and continue in San Diego until the 13th of February 2011 and at all Blue Angel Air Shows in 2011, Closing December 3-5 in Washington D.C. this Centennial opening will be an Air Demonstration the likes have never been seen before. There will be many viewing locations along both sides of San Diego Harbor.  The USS Midway Museum is Air Show Center  for the flying, and official host for Centennial Activities.  150 aircraft are to participate in the Aerial Demonstration including the Blue Angels. There will be Centennial activities at every Blue Angel Air Show in 2011.

At North Island there is a civilian designated as a Centennial PAO I'll call and make an appointment and get additional info.
Memberships www.apsocal.com
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org
                  USS Midway Museum Volunteer

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

Wombat_1

AWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!  I will definitely be there. Looking forward to it.Thanks for the info. Rander.<usnflag>
John R. Gibson
Member of: 
http://www.planesoffame.org
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Wombat_1/   
http://www.f-14association.com Member #0723  "Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real.'' -  Donald Douglas Snr.-

Wombat_1

Hey Rander. If you could get more info. from NASI PAO,that would be just great.
John R. Gibson
Member of: 
http://www.planesoffame.org
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Wombat_1/   
http://www.f-14association.com Member #0723  "Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real.'' -  Donald Douglas Snr.-

seaninsa

One thing that worries me about this show is the poor weather that can be down in SD during Feb. I remember staying at the Hotel Coronado for a Valentine's Day and it was cold and yucky. Really did not make being outside very much fun. Also can have low ceilings this time of the year down there.

Realbigtaco

Quote from: seaninsa on December 06, 2010, 09:32:51 PM
One thing that worries me about this show is the poor weather that can be down in SD during Feb. I remember staying at the Hotel Coronado for a Valentine's Day and it was cold and yucky. Really did not make being outside very much fun. Also can have low ceilings this time of the year down there.
That's all right it is a La Nina year, it will be dry and 80 :P

garphoto.com

I've asked off from the office for the day...I'll be along too and likely carpooling with some other photographers.

garphoto.com

So who of us is "state accredited"?

From the site:

"Media representatives desiring to attend the Open House should complete the form below and fax valid state accreditation"

Or should we interpret this as to state what our accredidation is?

I mean for example I am chief of photography for an aviation magazine, an ISAP and ASMP member.

rander

Quote from: garphoto.com on December 07, 2010, 04:40:50 PM
So who of us is "state accredited"?

From the site:

"Media representatives desiring to attend the Open House should complete the form below and fax valid state accreditation"

Or should we interpret this as to state what our accredidation is?

I mean for example I am chief of photography for an aviation magazine, an ISAP and ASMP member.

According toi what I heard the state accreditation maybe a Photo ID like a driver liscense or in my case a Navy retired Id Card.[/co
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

Jbong

That is correct, your Federally issued Driver licence, Passport, S.S.Card,
Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: 18-55 VR, 55-200mm, 70-300mm VR
www.Phxspotters.com
www.fencecheck.com  (P38Ace)
http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=50351
http://www.flickr.com/photos/azspotters/

rander

Quote from: Jbong on December 07, 2010, 10:26:07 PM
That is correct, your Federally issued Driver licence, Passport, S.S.Card,

You mean State issued driver liscense in other words a picture ID
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

rander

I am hearing that the first of the display aircraft will be arriving onboard North Island on January 7th. They're will be at least one of every aircraft the Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard has ever flown since 1911 in the static display area in and around Building 341 HS-10's hanger. I'll have my camera there to get as many of the static display arrivals as possible.

HS-8's Retro painted helo was transfered to HS-25 in Guam.

I am told that Shayne Meder will be at Building 341 to throw some paint on a HS-4 Helo starting January 08 for about one week. I'll see you there Shayne.

Major Manufacturer/sponsor displays will start going up next week
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

rander

ON February  12, 2011 , I hearing the "Parade of Flight" will begin about 1PM and willl include at least 100 aircraft.
Operated by the Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard.
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

aero-engineer

FYI from Fencecheck thread:

"The aircraft participating in the Parade will stage out of other locations.

Air Wing 9 (Stennis) is to fly out of Miramar, 30+ planes. not sure where centennial paint planes will come from. The Helos I hear will fly out of Imperial Beach/Ream Field while the
warbirds will use Gillespie and Brown."

I hope then they DON'T fly those centenial planes and leave them parked at NI for us to oogle at.

Kevin
aero-engineer
Camera: Nikon

"The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind ahead" - Igor I. Sikorsky

rander

Quote from: aero-engineer on January 07, 2011, 09:52:35 PM
FYI from Fencecheck thread:

"The aircraft participating in the Parade will stage out of other locations.

Air Wing 9 (Stennis) is to fly out of Miramar, 30+ planes. not sure where centennial paint planes will come from. The Helos I hear will fly out of Imperial Beach/Ream Field while the
warbirds will use Gillespie and Brown."

I hope then they DON'T fly those centenial planes and leave them parked at NI for us to oogle at.

Kevin
aero-engineer

I doub't seriously any jets will fly from Gillespie with their noise restrctions and all maybe the  piston powered  aircraft. Jets I'd say Miramar and oR MCAS Camp Pendleton. All The static displays will be at NI along with the USS Stennis that will be availabe for open house on Saturday. and LPH also. NAS North Island wil be  open house on 02/12 from 8am until 5 pm. NI's runway available for emerrgenciy landings only.
                  www.fencecheck.com
                  www.tomcat-sunset.org
                  www.cv41.org

Veteran Tomcat Tweaker

kick Z tail out

When do the gates open and will the Stennis be open for tours right away? The Midway being my favorite museum and all, I'd love to get a look at a Nimitz class supercarrier.
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a C-17 Globemaster III?:
How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview