News:

[07-11-2024] Various forum updates made.

Main Menu

Chino (Planes of Fame) Airshow 2010

Started by Midnight Mover, January 17, 2010, 05:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Britt

It's hit or miss.  That photo on the website is my shot.  I've been doing the sunrise shoot for years and years now, being a part of the museum I'm allowed in early. It's usually overcast, so it depends on if it's worth the price to risk having no sunset.  It's still a great time to shoot the statics without people, but without a tripod a very high ISO is a must sadly.
Britt Dietz
Canon EOS 1DX (DSLR)
Canon EOS 1D Mark III (DSLR)
Canon EOS 7D Mark II (DSLR)
Canon EOS 5D (DSLR)
-------------------
Warbird-Photos Aviation Photography
Facebook Fan Page
Dietz Dolls Pinup Photography
Planes of Fame Air Museum & Lyon Air Museum Photographer

Midnight Mover

Realbigtaco

That's awesome Jim!  So i see you and Britt got to go up together.  I'm jealous of you guys, that looks like a great experience.

kick Z tail out

Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

gfydad

Thanks guys! Britt was in a different aircraft. I was in Jeff Pearson's Cessna 190 which is a great little plane considering that it's high-wing with no struts and nice flat glass windows to shoot out of.   :)

These were at 1/60, 1/50 & 1/60 respectively in manual mode.
The last shot was taken by reaching behind the photog on my right with one hand while being careful not to touch anything in the aircraft to impart any vibration.  ;)

Realbigtaco

Quote from: gfydad on May 06, 2010, 08:29:40 AM
Thanks guys! Britt was in a different aircraft. I was in Jeff Pearson's Cessna 190 which is a great little plane considering that it's high-wing with no struts and nice flat glass windows to shoot out of.   :)

These were at 1/60, 1/50 & 1/60 respectively.
The last shot was taken by reaching behind the photog on my right with one hand while being careful not to touch anything in the aircraft to impart any vibration.  ;)
I swear Jim we need to change your name to "Cool hand Mumaw".  I can never get over how steady you can keep your shots.  I can't even shot 1/50 sec on the ground without bluing the shot, let alone playing twister in a Cessna.

I still love to tell everyone the story of you wheel chair blur at Miramar.

kick Z tail out

Yup, Jim definitely has a steady hand. If he had a Barrett and ever went postal we'd all be dead. ;) lol.

The only times I have ever accomplished blur similar to Jim's were all lucky accidents.  <laughing>
Nate <nikon>
Nikon D300, 18-200VR, 70-300VR, 80-400AF-S VR
Jesus Christ is Lord!

gfydad

You've got to remember this...
Jeff Pearson was doing a great job flying our plane, making small adjustments all the time we were in formation to keep things steady and on course.
Steve Hinton and his son were doing a masterful job at holding position off of our plane.
And, remember this, those aircraft are traveling at the same speed as the camera plane so they appear to be standing still with only the props, ground and clouds moving in relation.
Neat thing is that my little 18-135 kit lens that I used for this has no vibration reduction.  ::)

Realbigtaco

Quote from: gfydad on May 06, 2010, 10:31:03 AM
Jeff Pearson was doing a great job flying our plane, making small adjustments all the time we were in formation to keep things steady and on course.
Steve Hinton and his son were doing a masterful job at holding position off of our plane.
And, remember this, those aircraft are traveling at the same speed as the camera plane so they appear to be standing still with only the props, ground and clouds moving in relation.
Neat thing is that my little 18-135 kit lens that I used for this has no vibration reduction.  ::)
You're to modest... ;)

Midnight Mover

Quote from: gfydad on May 06, 2010, 10:31:03 AM
Neat thing is that my little 18-135 kit lens that I used for this has no vibration reduction.  ::)

Some specular shots Jim 8)

CHILIBEAN

Robert S. Quintana

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1

Canon EOS 7D II Digital SLR   <canon>
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    Digital SLR  

Canon EF 28mm f/2.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-16-35 f/2.8 L II USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

GTagami

Canon stuff.

GTagami

Quote from: desert rat on May 11, 2010, 08:02:49 AM
Well, I am going to take the risk for Saturday morning.. I did this sunrise shoot at Wings over Houston in 2009.  It was just awesome with the light before sunrise and the sunrise early morning light...

Do you know if we were suppose to receive a separate ticket for the sunrise event? I just received one and it was for the general admission.
Canon stuff.

TrueblueF-18Girl

The Mustangs are coming: A, C, and D, to the PLANES OF FAME AIRSHOW 2010! Saw them working on the Mustanges on Saturday....very cool!! ;D
Mary Peters
Canon Rebel XS "1000D"
Tamaron 75-300mm  Macro

Member of: http://www.planesoffame.org
Fencecheck: http://www.fencecheck.com/
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47864312@N04/
Remember, you can't photoshop with the naked eye!

TrueblueF-18Girl

Here's the first air-to-air photo of Johnny Maloney in the Museum's newly restored and painted (in French Normandie paint scheme) Russian Yak-3 Fighter. And just in time for the PLANES OF FAME AIRSHOW 2010--imagine that!
Mary Peters
Canon Rebel XS "1000D"
Tamaron 75-300mm  Macro

Member of: http://www.planesoffame.org
Fencecheck: http://www.fencecheck.com/
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47864312@N04/
Remember, you can't photoshop with the naked eye!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

How many engines are on a Lockheed L-1011?:
How many engines are on a P-38 Lightning?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview